C4 Forums | Control4

More news

I remember the days when Kevin was an apple fan – he then finally listened to me ;)

when was i an apple fan?? ive been a blackberry fan for a very long time. i had an iphone and hated it

Sorry, I was told to expect the press release on July 15 so it is overdue. I expect that it will now be early this week.

well that is one thing about C4 that never changes, they never get the dates right on anything...ever

Sorry' date=' I was told to expect the press release on July 15 so it is overdue. I expect that it will now be early this week.[/quote']

well that is one thing about C4 that never changes, they never get the dates right on anything...ever

That's not technically true, because C4 never actually gives dates for anything.

Any dates posted on this forum are speculation and/or hearsay.

That's not technically true, because C4 never actually gives dates for anything.

Any dates posted on this forum are speculation and/or hearsay.

As much as I'd like it to be so, that hasn't always been strictly the case.

Control4 (like any manufacturer of complicated software / hardware) has certainly had it's share of announcements (or executives giving dates) that were later missed.

All in all, it *is* a complex system to make it look 'Everyday Easy', and even though Control4 definitely does it's best to minimize those issues, it's unfortunately somewhat of a way of life.

Less so when it comes to small releases, more so when it comes to large ones (like 2.0).

I think Control4 has come a *long* way from the days of promising a lot up front, which has helped set expectations on delivery dates and feature sets.

Control4 *usually* releases a lot of new product information in the lead-up to and right around CEDIA timeframe (September), and sometimes, also around CES timeframe (January).

RyanE

• 3 weeks later...

It was an intercom feature on the new touch screens. I knew there would be a licesning fee for it but I underestimated the cost a bit when doing utilizing it for a fall build quote.

U.S. MSRP for the 7" InfinityEdge In-Wall Touch Screen: $899

U.S. MSRP for optional Intercom Software License: $499 (one-time, per site).

On a side note, open books was also announced on other hardware today too. A new 250 remote and a new 300C home controller. A lot for 1 day.

Archived