C4 Forums | Control4

Please complete this survey!

I have been a Control4 dealer for many years and am now trying to help Control4 get a better idea of what their customers want. Below is a hotlink to a survey and I would appreciate as many of you as possible to complete it. And please forward the link to any of your friends that have Control4 so that we can get the most feedback possible. The more respondents to the survey the more likely that Control4 will give it some attention.

The survey is only ten questions and can be completed in 1-2 minutes. Thank you and email me with any questions. I don't think 1500-2000 responses is unreasonable!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/c4productsurvey

Eric

Thank you everyone for your responses, numbers are adding up fast!

We are still a ways from where we can be so please help spread the word. Being a dealer instead of a customer I'm not sure which threads on here are the most active. Anything you guys can do to get this to as many Control4 customers as possible would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Done as well. IMHO they really need to focus on media management and UI. Current state of affairs is nothing short of horrific compared to industry standards.

+1

+2 :) Being a new user, that's my biggest frustration when comparing to other systems, such as Apple TV, Sonos, my receiver, etc, that can interface and distribute media much more efficiently than my system (learning curve notwithstanding)

A user should be able to add a new AV component without calling a dealer and should be able to have full access to programming, like adding a Twitter driver, without calling a dealer.

So I take it you checked the box where it says:

Control4 should change it's business strategy.

:)

RyanE

A user should be able to add a new AV component without calling a dealer and should be able to have full access to programming' date=' like adding a Twitter driver, without calling a dealer.[/quote']

So I take it you checked the box where it says:

Control4 should change it's business strategy.

:)

RyanE

Hehe. I think that depends on how you define the business strategy. :)

It seems to me that the strategy is that dealers can make all changes while owners can only make a subset of changes. I personally just want that subset expanded.

As an owner, I can add variables, announcements and certain agents,right? Is anyone seriously going to try arguing that adding a dimmer, for example, is a more complicated process that requires special training? Or changing a remote's assigned room? Or changing the name of a room? Or replacing a television with a new one? That last one doesn't require making new connections, just replacing the driver so it gets the right codes to turn on/off and change inputs/volume -- that *should* be a trivial change available to owners.

Archived