C4 Forums | Control4

Ademco 4232CBM Connected Building Module

Bullseye

I got mine in, and need to update my firmware. From what I was reading though, it doesnt appear that you can just "pop" out the chip, you'll need a whole new board. Unfortunately, I'm going to be busy for the next week on project sites and wont have a chance to mess with it until after that.

We do just replace chips, frequently, to upgrade our customers and to take over AD. systems too .. oops did I say that LOL !!

In fact Honeywell has a replacement package that includes a chip and a GSM cell device that gives you Total Connect version 2 capabilities.

I'm hoping to get to mine this weekend but with the nice weather hitting again, it's motorcycle time !!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got mine in' date=' and need to update my firmware. From what I was reading though, it doesnt appear that you can just "pop" out the chip, you'll need a whole new board. Unfortunately, I'm going to be busy for the next week on project sites and wont have a chance to mess with it until after that.[/quote']

We do just replace chips, frequently, to upgrade our customers and to take over AD. systems too .. oops did I say that LOL !!

In fact Honeywell has a replacement package that includes a chip and a GSM cell device that gives you Total Connect version 2 capabilities.

I'm hoping to get to mine this weekend but with the nice weather hitting again, it's motorcycle time !!

Hmm. I'll be in touch.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delay, sorta like the shoe repair man that has holes in his shoes. Customers come first.

Have a tech from our company scheduled to be here on Thursday to swap the chip in my panel so I can test the 4232cbm and how it connects/works with Control4.

Will post how it goes ......

I'm pretty excited to hear about your progress on this as my dealer seems to have given up on incorporating my alarm panel as the ICM module was discontinued a while back. Thank you for posting this up and I eagerly await your successful incorporation of this module.

:)

So far have completed chip change, installed 4232cbm in panel, connected to c4 controller, and am able to control the system from inside the control4 GUI. Arm, disarm, and display of system status are working.

HOWEVER, I had no zone descriptions listed. So I tried to capture them from the panel by doing a Zone Descripter update. It triggered a medical panic alert on the panel. Second attempt triggered a fire alert. So, will have to have a programmer connect to panel from the office and check settings are correct.

If at first you don't succeed, make sure you put your system on test so they don't roll the fire trucks or ambulance.. :lol:

Appear to be up and running.

Uploaded and checked settings on the security panel end at work yesterday, then downloaded the changes we made back to the panel. When I got home I made a couple changes to the driver settings to match the panel settings, and then I could import the zone descriptors over to Composer.

Added a door contact to the project and used it to program a simple light on event when a door, which had a wireless door sensor on it connected to the security system, was opened if the alarm system was in disarm mode as a test the panel and composer were communicating. It worked.

Here are some pics of the chip change:

After further testing by using the When Display Text Changes in programming I can make a light turn on when a door is opened. However it happens no matter which door opens even though I specified when a certain door switch is open

I can not use When the Living Room>Front Door Contact Opens to trigger an action. When I open any of my doors it changes the text on the TV Nav or iPhone Nav Screen to show the correct display from my system, such as Fault 17 Front Door. So the panel is communicating to C4.

Any thoughts as to what I am missing here.

Thanks in advance.

GOT IT .. Needed to turn off "Polling" in driver settings. Now when I view door contacts in Nav I see them open and close as I do same to door.

Can you test the following?

- Trigger programming using open/close of zone during Entry/Exit delay

- Update/Reports the restoration of a zone much quicker (currentlymy ICM can be as long as 30 seconds)

Programmed front door to turn on light when opening and same light off when closing. Armed system to AWAY at physical keypad. During Entry/Exit delay count down opened and then closed my front door and light turned on and then off respectively, and changed the LED color to show status of light on a 6 button keypad in Living Room.

On TV, C4 Nav display of security system keypad, opened front door and it took about 1-2 seconds to show fault. Closed door and about the same to return to ready to arm message displayed. Subsequent opening and closing of same door/zone was almost instantaneous.

Hope that was what you were looking for.

Can you test the following?

- Trigger programming using open/close of zone during Entry/Exit delay

- Update/Reports the restoration of a zone much quicker (currentlymy ICM can be as long as 30 seconds)

Programmed front door to turn on light when opening and same light off when closing. Armed system to AWAY at physical keypad. During Entry/Exit delay count down opened and then closed my front door and light turned on and then off respectively' date=' and changed the LED color to show status of light on a 6 button keypad in Living Room.

On TV, C4 Nav display of security system keypad, opened front door and it took about 1-2 seconds to show fault. Closed door and about the same to return to ready to arm message displayed. Subsequent opening and closing of same door/zone was almost instantaneous.

Hope that was what you were looking for.[/quote']

Robert,

Thanks so much for doing the test. Basically the above 2 things were things that the old ICM interface did poorly. ICM would never report the door open/closed during the entry/exit delay and it would take 30 seconds to report the restoration of a zone. Both of which were very problematic for effective programming. Your 1st test basically proved it was better at both.

Now I have to look into finding out if this is supported on 1.74

Thanks again!

George

OK! Got mine today! gonna install on a "virgin" Vista 15P! Since the 15P was only $35 with the version 9.12 software, I figured it would be easier to change out the entire panel from a 10P. I'll have a bit more to do with a new panel, but I'd rather have it that way so I know the system capabilities and setup...not just the security installer. Install manual is 88 pages!!

BTW: I can get these brand new at $100 per (minimum order of 5) + shipping to you if there is anyone interested in group buy? Just throwing that out there...mods delete if I stepped out of bounds! You can do all the wiring and programming for the module on the Vista keypad...connection and setup to Control4 requires dealer intervention...

4232CBM.jpg

Installed my 4232 in a new 128 bpt panel last weekend..... As an example, I have it programmed to turn on the laundry lights when the door open, the issue I'm having is the 15 to 20 second delay from when the door opens to turning on the light? Any suggestions?

I'm hearing the same reviews. Extremely slow response times. I'm staying away from Ademco. They have proven time and time again they aren't as good at automation as they are with security.

And I actually have a working 128BPE driver for sale if anyone needs it. Works instantly with zone openings and closings. Partition one only.

What driver are you using?? I used the Honeywell "Security Ademco Vista Panel" driver created 4/19/2007, modified 2/10/2011, and C4 Certified on 8/19/2011 for 2.0.6 , 2.1.0 created by Honeywell.

I had to download the driver from the Online Database under Device Type "Security System" Manufacturer: "Honeywell Security"

I am using a standard ECP keypad address and no AUI support. Polling option in the driver is set to "Off". Debut Mode is set to "off" as well. I have a FA168 (First Alert Vista 20P) panel with a mix of 5811 and 5816 wireless door sensors.

So far I have no such delays. I just tried it again, putting in a couple quick lines of programming to test, with my front door turning my family room (in the basement) lights on and off with open/close of the door, monitoring that they are turned on by LED's on my 6 button keypad in the living room. Delay is 1 to 2 seconds. The lights may actually be turning on and off faster, but that is when the LED's on the keypad I can see from my front door are changing to red and then back to blue reporting the family room light status as on and off respectively.

I have a "whole house off" event programmed when alarm is set to away and same type of 1 - 2 second delay.

Hello, do you know if the on screen keypad from the CBM is alpha numerical. I have changed out my vista chip to the new 9.1 and connected my CBM but I have a 6150 Keypad (not the 6160 alpha numerical) which it looks like I will need to program the zones and such with the virgin vista 20p chip. If possible it would like to save some $$ and program this through the on screen keypad.

let me know if this could work?

Thanks!

It definitely displays as an alpha numeric keypad. But using the SR250 and the cursor to program on screen I would think would take forever. Before you changed the chip did your security dealer upload your panel? If so they can download it and restore the programming and zone names.

• 1 month later...

No .. here is text from the included documentation of the C4 driver:

Zone Settings:

If you wish to monitor more than 48 zones, you can change the number of zone bindings available with the 'Number of Zones' property on the Properties page.

• 1 month later...

After upgrading to the new 800 we found that it's serial software isn't compatible with the slow baud rate of the 4100SM module in my Vista-128FBP panel. I had to dedicate the retired HC-300 to it so I didn't loose that functionality. After I found out about the 4232CBM module I thought hmmm maybe I can just upgrade to that but my panel isn't a "turbo" version...so a firmware update likely won't do anything. I'm going to give my ADT tech a call and see what he says about swapping it out for me! Maybe he can declare it DEFECTIVE under my maintenance plan...

Paul from SOHO shop spent 3 hours yesterday on the phone with C4 Tech support trying to troubleshoot why I didn't have comm over either serial port. It took one of their engineers to figure it out and said a software update should fix the problem. Since 2.2 just came out I doubt they'll rush to 2.3 just to make my panel compatible! LOL

Archived