C4 Forums | Control4

Driver Bundle V2

Hi All,

Following much testing, help and support from many of you here on the forum I have completed V2 of my Driver Bundle set.

The drivers will run on 2.5.0 and above and have been tested on controllers HC-200, HC-250, HC-300, HC-800 and HC-1000 although the faster HC-250 and HC-800 controllers are recommended especially with the MyMovies driver.

Documentation is included with each driver but in summary there are 5 drivers as follows :-

Stonetree_DriverCentral

----------------------------

This driver is required by all other drivers. It's job is to provide several common functions and also enable central management of the drivers for future updating. This driver should be installed first. Future enhancements include automatic updating of the full driver set.

Stonetree_MyMovies

------------------------

Driver to extract meta-data from the MyMovies database and populate the Control4 media management database. The driver is completely independent of any media player driver. Future enhancements include integration into Plex Media server.

Stonetree_SMTPClient

--------------------------

Driver to enable sending of email via any SMTP server including those that use StartTLS SSL connections. The driver uses the standard Control4 email notification agent and also has a QuickMail command to allow sending of quick messages.

Stonetree_SkyBox

---------------------

Driver for UK Sky+HD and Sky+ boxes that allows control via IR or the Dusky Sky Controller. The driver has serial feedback which populates the standard media information on the Navigators within the room viewing the Sky box. There is also the ability to assign an Action Key on the remote control that allows for the sorting of favourite channels and also sending commands direct to the TV, video endpoint, in the room avoiding the need to switch sources. This allows for easier control of Smart TVs, such as accessing Skype calls, 3D and also entering the normal TV setup menus to make quick changes. Future enhancements include simple scene setting from the control available to the enduser.

Stonetree_SkyController

----------------------------

Driver to allow SkyBox driver to control the Sky Box using the Dusky Sky Controller.

Thank you to everybody who has helped test the drivers and for the invaluable feedback.

Have fun.

Thank you.

David.

Driver Bundle.zip

I'd love an SMTP driver similar to the RecluseA/V one, but at a lower cost.

Have you investigated it at all?>

Dan,

The SMTP driver I've written is designed to use the C4 email notification agent so includes the translation of variable etc.

I've not used the RecluseA/V driver, what options am I missing and how are they implemented? I can look at adding.

In terms of cost I have no intention of charging for any of the drivers I write neither am I writing drivers to replace other companies that are charging.

The drivers that I am writing are for customers that we are installing for and where features do not exist in in any current drivers.

Thanks

David

Looks like we might have a new issue. Deleted your old drivers and used the 2.0 drivers only tonight. I noticed it only lets me scan for new updates, but not force a full update. Having said this. Once I got everything configured and attempted to watch a movie, dune would flash that the file wasn't supported.

I attempted to clear my media data in C4 and let your driver repopulate everything, but it keeps saying there are no new updates. Going to tinker with it a bit more and see what I get and then I'll update.

Looks like we might have a new issue. Deleted your old drivers and used the 2.0 drivers only tonight. I noticed it only lets me scan for new updates, but not force a full update. Having said this. Once I got everything configured and attempted to watch a movie, dune would flash that the file wasn't supported.

I attempted to clear my media data in C4 and let your driver repopulate everything, but it keeps saying there are no new updates. Going to tinker with it a bit more and see what I get and then I'll update.

I will update documentation.

I have removed the Force option. Instead you can just clear the media from C4 in the normal way and then make any change in MyMovies ie. just save an existing movie, this will then force an update on the next scan.

Thanks

Ok. I seemed to have finally got it to work. Not sure what the cause was. I checked the LUA on the Dune and the myMovies and it showed it was trying to watch the correct path, movie and file.  I just went back and deleted the drivers and figured I'd just go and redownload ver 1.4 of your drivers (or whichever it was that was last released) but quickly realized the file in those zip's also was version 2.0 as well.

I probably uninstalled the drivers, cleared mymovies on that server and tinkered around till about midnight when it just suddenly worked. It now allows me to select the movie and then jumps to the dune controller to manage the movie. I personally miss the option to force an update and hope you might bring it back in the future, but if not I'll live!

First off,  THANK YOU for these drivers and for your efforts.

I am getting the following error about halfway through a scan using the latest drivers:

"

[string "Lua Code"]:241: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) (ExecuteCommand)"

Any ideas what you check?

Thanks!

I am getting the following error about halfway through a scan using the latest drivers:

"

[string "Lua Code"]:241: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) (ExecuteCommand)"

Thanks!

I get a similar error.  For me, it seems to work fine.  Processes all the movies, removes the deleted ones and adds the new ones, but after it's done it gives the following: [string "Lua Code"]:359: attempt to concatenate global 'id' (a nil value) (ExecuteCommand)

"

Thanks!

I've seen this when the movie database is missing some data for the title. I did test with a completley blank movie so not sure why this should still be happening. Can you check the title it crashes on?

Thanks

I get a similar error.  For me, it seems to work fine.  Processes all the movies, removes the deleted ones and adds the new ones, but after it's done it gives the following: [string "Lua Code"]:359: attempt to concatenate global 'id' (a nil value) (ExecuteCommand)

Do the movies appear in the media library?

I fixed some issues in this area so will post an update shortly.

Thanks

Hi David - thanks for your response.

In regards to my issue (nil Lua response), nothing ever makes it into the database.

So, I culled the offending title and the scan continued on and errored the same on another title.  So far, these titles have absolutely nothing I can see different (missing or added) from several similar titles that make it ok.  However, these titles are mostly foreign (polish), but are registered.  As a test I did make sure no foreign characters were present or anything like that.

As I have been unable to find any differences in these titles by reviewing the various XML files and mymovies itself, could you tell me what command I could issue to the mymovies URL to see what Lua is seeing?  I might be able to pinpoint it for you by doing a diff between a successfully imported title and one of these causing the error.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi David - thanks for your response.

In regards to my issue (nil Lua response), nothing ever makes it into the database.

So, I culled the offending title and the scan continued on and errored the same on another title.  So far, these titles have absolutely nothing I can see different (missing or added) from several similar titles that make it ok.  However, these titles are mostly foreign (polish), but are registered.  As a test I did make sure no foreign characters were present or anything like that.

As I have been unable to find any differences in these titles by reviewing the various XML files and mymovies itself, could you tell me what command I could issue to the mymovies URL to see what Lua is seeing?  I might be able to pinpoint it for you by doing a diff between a successfully imported title and one of these causing the error.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,

You can access the MyMovies DB from Internet Explorer as follows :-

http://MyMoviesIP:51414/?command=GetCollection&listtype=Movies&apikey=APIKEY

http://MyMoviesIP:51414/?command=GetTitlePlayOptionsForDune&id=ID&apikey=APIKEY

http://MyMoviesIP:51414/?command=GetTitle&id=ID&excludedisctitles=true&apikey=APIKEY

http://MyMoviesIP:51414/?command=GetImage&id=ID&type=frontcover&apikey=APIKEY

Where MyMoviesIP is the ip address of the MyMovies server/PC, ID is the title id in the MyMovies database and APIKEY is your apikey to access the database.

Enclosed is the the latest Bundle with a few fixes in the MyMovies driver but you should remove ALL drivers both from Composer and also direct on the Controller using rm -f /etc/c4i/Stonetree_* 

Add the Driver Central first followed by the rest.

Thanks again for testing.

David

Driver Bundle.zip

Just wanted to post and say that after loading this driver version into my project, the SMTP is working great for me!  The only thing I notice is that I have to backup the project whenever I change any programming and it works fine.  Thanks for a great driver David!!

Good news.

Backing up the project causes the DirectorState.xml file to be written to disk which is what I use to find email notifications. If you left it for 10 mins then it would be written to disk automatically, backing up makes it happen straight away.

Thanks for the update.

David

Thanks again to David for making this driver set available.

I worked with David this AM and we got my rather complicated movie database sorted.  I was having an issue with certain foreign titles not showing, and it turns out it was limited to one specific country rating setting - all sorted through an update.

However, I did run across another issue that I'll share with those of you that may have some missing title issues.  Several titles, primarily from the US, weren't getting added to C4 no matter what I tried.  The Lua dialog showed them being read but not added.

Upon further inspection - these titles had been ripped into mymovies and had a file location default to 'online folder' instead of online file.  This is likely because I was not ripping to ISO but rather a VIDEO_TS folder structure.  This is also the default for those of us using mymovies interface on the Dune.

Because a folder location and not a file location was being passed, C4 would either not add the title, or for those titles that somehow did get added it would not play when sent to the dune (Error: Format not supported).

Switching this setting in mymovies, for each affected file, to "Online: File" then selecting the IFO file resulted in these titles getting added to C4 and getting properly passed to Dune for playback.

The only issue I see with this, and really shouldn't matter at all, is those titles now don't function if you happen to revert back to the Dune MyMovies interface.  Again, this shouldn't be an issue because most of us I would assume are chosing to use only the C4 interface vs. the dune mymovies interface...why have two interfaces?!

Thought I would pass that along in case any of you were scratching your heads about it.  Once making the change everything is flowing through 100%.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin

Good that we got things ironed out.

I note from several emails I've received and looking at other discussions that many end users face a dealer cost to add drivers, even when in a testing scenario as with my drivers to date.

I am more than happy to add any of my drivers to an end users system free of charge in return for the support in testing.

Thanks

David

I really just want to toss this out there for anyone curious to try the mymovies application here. I think what David has done here is a great service to those of us in the community. I bought EV's media center and MyMovies drivers and found each to be disappointing. One simply for the fact the software they were using for the media center control was already a free TCP/IP stack available elsewhere. They also provided another method, which was the only way I could get it to work with my windows 8 system. I'll give them credit for that. But the MyMovies driver was more of a turn off since they were simply tapping into the application I already had to pay for (if you wanted all the features) or was free if you didn't. I got everything setup and tested and found it didn't work. Why? Because they coded their MyMovies driver to work ONLY with THEIR dune driver. A driver that is free with Control4. A driver that Dune FREELY distributes from their website. When I asked around for prices to get this Dune Driver so I could make the final connection work the cost I was quoted floored me.

Thankfully here comes David with a very well written program and instant support to back it up as he further develops and refines it. I've now tossed the EV MyMovies driver to the side and only use David's driver along with the free driver from Dune and everything just works. He's worked directly with me and others here to understand how Dune, MyMovies and other applications interact and has updated the drivers pretty much daily to get everything working for everyone. For that very reason I think anyone who uses his drivers knows we owe him considerably for his work and for making it a free driver! I really look forward to further enhancements along with new drivers down the road from him and I'm extremely thankful for what he's done here for us all.

Hi David,  would it be possible to have an option that allowed plain text or HTML email in the SMTP driver?  I just had RyanE's lighting driver installed and want to email myself the Light Summery (which is formatted in an HTML table with tags).  Right now I just get a jumbled bunch of HTML table code in the plain text email, but wasn't sure if it would be possible to send it and have it format correctly?  

Thanks!

Hi David,  would it be possible to have an option that allowed plain text or HTML email in the SMTP driver?  I just had RyanE's lighting driver installed and want to email myself the Light Summery (which is formatted in an HTML table with tags).  Right now I just get a jumbled bunch of HTML table code in the plain text email, but wasn't sure if it would be possible to send it and have it format correctly?  

Thanks!

Am working on HTML and attachments as we speak, just been de-railed by my day job but will be back on the case soon.

Thanks for the support.

David

Ok, I must be doing something stupid. I can send quickmail just fine with the smtp driver.  When I try and use the sendmail command, however, I get the following error.

INFO: Find Email Notification For Event Security trouble
[string "Lua Code"]:197: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil) (ExecuteCommand)

Unfortunately the driver is encrypted so I can't debug this myself.

Thanks for writing some awesome drivers!  I love the c4forums community, way better than the official control4 dealer forum in my opinion.

Archived