C4 Forums | Control4

Registering New HC-800

Jas0r

Hi, I have just brought a HC800 to have a play with from ebay but unfortunately the seller was not a registered dealer so I cannot register the unit to start configuring it. Can anyone help me register it or let me know how I can complete it.

Thanks

If you cannot register it - how are you planning to configure it? Registration can technically be done by the end-user once a controller has been setup and has some interface available (Onscreen or native touchscreen), but you require ComposerPro (dealer only) to 'configure' it.

And as you could deduct from the above, the controller will have to be at least partially setup before it can be registered in the first place.

Maybe I bit off more than I can chew. I was aiming to use it as a media viewer with a few extras.

Hopefully I can find someone to partially set it up so I can at least have a play and see if it's something I want to go further with.

Hi, yeah I have a fair idea how powerful it is as I have done a fair amount of research on it and know a lot of what it can do. I also know I wasn't supposed to purchase it outside a dealer but thought I'd give it a go. I am in IT so love tinkering with these sort of things that might be a bit of a challenge.

Hyperthetically let's say I had a copy of composer pro what are my chances of finding a registered dealer to activate it for me or am I wasting my time.

Hyperthetically let's say I had a copy of composer pro what are my chances of finding a registered dealer to activate it for me or am I wasting my time.

You won't find a dealer who will activate CPro for you. It won't happen.

But if you have CPro you don't need a dealer to activate your controller as long as you aren't on 2.8.

You won't find a dealer who will activate CPro for you. It won't happen.

But if you have CPro you don't need a dealer to activate your controller as long as you aren't on 2.8.

You do need a dealer to activate it and they have to reactivate it every so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived