C4 Forums | Control4

Channel Feedback on Navigators

South Africa C4 user

I can't claim this idea as my own. It was suggested by another user on this forum but it would be nice if C4 would show channel feedback in the navigators so that one can see what channel is playing in a room in the same way as one can see what track is playing. I don't think this possible at present? And should be easy to implement.

Yeah, I doublechecked with my dealer and he is of the view that there is nothing available in South Africa.

So back to the original wish-list suggestion and hoping C4 will read this... Many of us (outside the US and UK and maybe Canada and Australia?) don't have access to a working 2 way driver. However, we are 'happy' with the basic dish driver that C4 provides. We populate the channel information manually and don't feel too backward about this... It would be nice if, when a channel is selected using the driver, that C4 then display the information on the navigator. I realise this would not be possible once one uses channel up or down. It would however be possible when one chooses a channel from the 'Channels' option and it would be possible when one chooses a channel by manually typing in the channel number. I would think that this would be a trivial change to the driver and it would benefit us foreigners immensely!

Here's hoping!

Basil

Our Kodi Full PVR driver provides Full feedback for channel number, icon and whats currently playing on the channel as well as the ability to browse the guide, setup recordings and playback recordings.

This is available in all countries.

Come on C4 you announced these features with TiVo nearly 2 years ago...please make this available.

Actually TiVo announced these features with C4. You're barking up the wrong tree on that one - sadly.

The biggest problem with this sort of thing it that both C4 has to support it (and they have the ability now) and build a driver for it (which they're willing to do all in all) and then the provider has to have the ability in their boxes (which is not that common), have to be willing to share the API (as C4 won't reverse engineer, though a 3rd party might - which is much rarer than the boxes having the ability) and then that provider (more or less) has to (commit to) continue to support it across new models as times wears on (and that one is going to be much rarer indeed).

Archived