C4 Forums | Control4

Control4® DS2 Door Station Manual

ttelsal

There's no extensive manual specifically for the DS2.  From C4, there's basically a data sheet, installation details and info on all the terminals. There may be a few more on the list but nothing in regards to configuration.  You may get more info on 2N site in regards to that but not all settings apply to the DS2.  You could potentially break the integration if you mess around with the settings too much.  Do at your own risk.  The DS2 is meant to integrate out of the box without much need for logging into it.  The  DS2 advanced driver properties has many settings that are safe to adjust.

https://www.2n.cz/en_GB/support/documents/manuals#filter-category-intercoms

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was looking for the door station manual too ... as does anyone know what this green open door icon means on this doorstation? It has only appeared in the last week or so, and the only change to the system I have done recently through Compose HE is add an additional door code.

The door is locked, and works as normal with original and new codes, just not sure what this icon is saying? The green open door icon stays on permanently, even when the door is open or closed/locked.

thanks

7nah6dnhk6v31.jpg?width=605&format=pjpg&

• 7 months later...
13 hours ago, northernlights said:

Something simple... How do you get that plastic covering off the nameplate without breaking the plastic? Do you have to take off the housing? If so, how to do this?

yes you need to remove the cover plate and then the doorbell will come apart to add in your nameplate.

3 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

yes you need to remove the cover plate and then the doorbell will come apart to add in your nameplate.

Soooo....See why it wouldn't be so hard for C4 to include a manual? I see no screws to remove the cover plate. Don't really want to rip it off. Does it just pop up with force?

2 hours ago, northernlights said:

Soooo....See why it wouldn't be so hard for C4 to include a manual? I see no screws to remove the cover plate. Don't really want to rip it off. Does it just pop up with force?

there is a paper manual included with the device. 

There is one small allen screw that are access through the  hole on the bottom of the unit.

the allen came with the unit as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats ALMOST it.  The 4 plugs that go into “in1”, “out1”, “relay1“ and “12v/2a“ pulled out of their sockets.  Two of them stayed in but the wires pulled out of the screw terminals.

Id like to know what color wires go to which plugs.

thanks!

On 7/10/2020 at 8:27 PM, Catamaranman said:

Thats ALMOST it.  The 4 plugs that go into “in1”, “out1”, “relay1“ and “12v/2a“ pulled out of their sockets.  Two of them stayed in but the wires pulled out of the screw terminals.

Id like to know what color wires go to which plugs.

thanks!

this depends on the configuration of the connected the devices. Theses are just relays so the do not have specfic polarities really. The 12 volt out could be very specific.

• 11 months later...
On 11/9/2019 at 12:42 AM, NiNJA said:

I was looking for the door station manual too ... as does anyone know what this green open door icon means on this doorstation? It has only appeared in the last week or so, and the only change to the system I have done recently through Compose HE is add an additional door code.

The door is locked, and works as normal with original and new codes, just not sure what this icon is saying? The green open door icon stays on permanently, even when the door is open or closed/locked.

thanks

7nah6dnhk6v31.jpg?width=605&format=pjpg&

Hi Ninja, 

I'm not certain how you have yours programmed, but I have mine set to unlock a Zigbee lock on my door. If you have physical relays, etc. I'm not certain how this will affect those, do at your own risk. I'm still testing this out my self and would apricate if anyone else might provide any other details they have found.

If you log into the GUI via browser for the DS2 and go to services and automation, you can create a new function to disable it. Make sure you don't play with the 1st one as that one is tied to the doorbell function. I created a new one "User Authenticated (clear green icon)":

image.thumb.png.bdcb6cb73862c55f5e2759a27b5da72e.png

Then create the following and add your users, set delay to 5 secs, then set activate switch to 3 and state as "off". Ensure to save it:

image.thumb.png.b3f7293045e51400fbf0036ecabebdbb.png

If it causes any issues, you can just delete it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.