C4 Forums | Control4

C4 My Movies with Folders

I have all of my movies on a server in folders.  They are full blu ray rips.  How can I get them to show up in the native C4 My Movies?  I can search for the file extension but those are all the streams.  I need to have the movie titles from the folders they are in.  I have always used the extra veg My Movies from back in the day and I have now moved to a new place on 3.0 and I am looking to use the native tools if possible.  I suppose I can always go back to that old My Movies if this cannot be done.  763087449_MyMovies.thumb.PNG.2b08c769e813e18a0e4d1e6f1cbd11a0.PNG 

My Movies 2.PNG

I’m in the same spot, but trying to get the old MyMovies Collection Management to work and having issues. My local movie library isn’t changing much these days so maybe I’ll just do a scan using whatever composer uses these days and see what it comes up with. 

On 11/3/2019 at 5:03 PM, ILoveC4 said:

I’m in the same spot, but trying to get the old MyMovies Collection Management to work and having issues. My local movie library isn’t changing much these days so maybe I’ll just do a scan using whatever composer uses these days and see what it comes up with. 

Don't, Gracenote is complete garbage, at least on the C4 end.  I manually cataloged mine.  That's probably not the answer that you wanted, but I had to have perfect cover art, etc.  

53 minutes ago, neil12011 said:

Don't, Gracenote is complete garbage, at least on the C4 end.  I manually cataloged mine.  That's probably not the answer that you wanted, but I had to have perfect cover art, etc.  

I have ~1,700 movies. Manually unfortunately isn’t an option. 

4 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

I have ~1,700 movies. Manually unfortunately isn’t an option. 

I have that multiplied a few times and still did it manually. It's a ton of work, but it IS an option 😄

Gracenote is such rubbish that I'd sooner consider that not an option.

Alternatively, you could consider something like KODI - I'm going to be testing that on my own system for my collection as well, see what it brings in, how accurate it proves to be.

I can certainly look in to Infuse. I’m mostly bugged at why MyMovies Collection Management driver isn’t working when it was at my old place. Only difference is a new router, but it doesn’t make sense that would get in the way of anything. 

28 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

I can certainly look in to Infuse. I’m mostly bugged at why MyMovies Collection Management driver isn’t working when it was at my old place. Only difference is a new router, but it doesn’t make sense that would get in the way of anything. 

you may also want to look at Plex + Infuse. Best of both worlds.  I think Plex does a much better job maintaining all the library/metadata info, but Infuse will transcode much better. 

On 11/7/2019 at 2:42 PM, robbie3130 said:

AppleTV + Infuse App.

Gets the metadata perfectly and the folders appear as titles without screwing around with the individual files within the bdmv folders.

I know SAC4 user has had a lot of success with Infuse and its actually a very nice program, however my experience has not been great and the library scans take a long time even over a gigabit network and the info it pulls when scanning ISO files is either the wrong language or the wrong movie metadata . My Movies has released 2.25 and its much better now with libraries and have used it again as my ripper and metadata to feed to my movies C4

I used some info from another very helpful user, Cyknight, to temp program so that my movies works and its made the family happy until C4 can fix the bug, which I understand is on the works and marked as urgent but no ETA as yet

This is the post that Cyknight sent a previous topic and as mentioned its a temp fix but it made the family happy and we have now done this on 5 clients and they are happy as well

WHEN [room] VIDEO_SELECTION_CHANGES
IF CURRENTLY_SELECTED_DEVICE is Digital Media
	Select Dune as the source in [room]

A few caveat:

Doesn't work with multiple dunes available in a room

It stops you from going direct to music when you have a video source playing already (in other words, to play music in a room, that room must first be off)

As an aside, if my information is correct (again, I'm unable to test it myself at the moment) you should also be able to manually select the Dune box with the remote to begin with (after selecting the movie) and you should find it playing.

On 11/10/2019 at 8:16 AM, Mike_S101 said:

I know SAC4 user has had a lot of success with Infuse and its actually a very nice program, however my experience has not been great and the library scans take a long time even over a gigabit network and the info it pulls when scanning ISO files is either the wrong language or the wrong movie metadata . My Movies has released 2.25 and its much better now with libraries and have used it again as my ripper and metadata to feed to my movies C4.

The speed issue is strange! I have a 100Mbps internet connection and it is infinitely faster than MyMovies. Maybe 5 second per title... 

The trick to getting the scan to work right the first time is getting the file / folder names (pretty much) right.  Alternatively, manually linking is easy. For instance, typing in Goldf will give you no more than 2 or 3 options (1 being GoldFinger) and choosing GodlFinger gives you the correct English metadata for this particular James Bond classic. Infuse will then include the movie under James Bond collection if you have more than one Bond movie.

I think that I found it was easier to manually choose what metadata to do on my iPad and this then syncs with the AppleTV.

Certainly now that my collection is linked, it takes me no more than 15 seconds after ripping a new movie to have it working in Infuse (even if I don’t bother getting the file name right and it is simply file.iso. Two or three clicks, type “GoldF” and one more click... wait a few seconds and hey presto, it is done! I be also never come across a movie not on the library or with incomplete data... 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.