C4 Forums | Control4

Blue Iris Driver

Waring192

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

C4 has a free driver - i have been trying to get the audio obsessions driver too but can't

I did email them/him but no reply. Is the reason you cannot buy it due to the SnapAv merger or something?

What’s the C4 driver like? I looked at the documentation and it said something about inputting the IP and port IIRC, is that the IP of the BI server? Also, how would you know what port?

I couldn't get the free C4 Blue Iris driver to work for me. If I remember correctly it was issued in 2016 and hasn't been updated since?? I was really hoping to be able to use that driver to pull a specific 2MP stream for the T3's while allowing the cameras to be a full 8MP with Blue Iris software. 

The driver did, however, find my Blue Iris server - but didn't give me any cameras from the drop down to apply. I was really looking forward to using.

I ended up using the Alibi (Hikvision) driver. Driver works great and camera's show up when addressed from individual Camera IP. My issue is - I had to lower resolution in order to display on T3's which was disappointing. Anything higher than 2MP really doesn't display on the T3's. I am displaying cameras thru the Blue Iris app and the C4' app and T3's

4 hours ago, Kahn said:

I couldn't get the free C4 Blue Iris driver to work for me. If I remember correctly it was issued in 2016 and hasn't been updated since?? I was really hoping to be able to use that driver to pull a specific 2MP stream for the T3's while allowing the cameras to be a full 8MP with Blue Iris software. 

The driver did, however, find my Blue Iris server - but didn't give me any cameras from the drop down to apply. I was really looking forward to using.

I ended up using the Alibi (Hikvision) driver. Driver works great and camera's show up when addressed from individual Camera IP. My issue is - I had to lower resolution in order to display on T3's which was disappointing. Anything higher than 2MP really doesn't display on the T3's. I am displaying cameras thru the Blue Iris app and the C4' app and T3's

Cheers for the info fella. Like I mentioned, I did email the BI driver developer but not heard back yet. Is the Audio Obsessions developer use this forum?

How did you find the BI server ip and port?

I have UniFi cameras and a couple of Wyze ones so I don’t think the Hikvision driver would work?!

I have to free version of the driver working, shouldn’t be that much to get it working. 

@Kahn I’m sure you are just missing a setting somewhere. Mine is running exactly how you want it. Shoot me a PM if you need any other help. 

37 minutes ago, KWD said:

I have to free version of the driver working, shouldn’t be that much to get it working. 

@Kahn I’m sure you are just missing a setting somewhere. Mine is running exactly how you want it. Shoot me a PM if you need any other help. 

What do you pop in as ip and port?

Example - my Blue Iris Program is on my PC which has an IP of 192.168.0.205 port 81......my cameras were setup as 192.168.0.200 thru 204

@KWD I'll pm you and thanks for the offer. I just have not spent enough time to get it, I'm sure you are right.

3 hours ago, Waring192 said:

Cheers for the info fella. Like I mentioned, I did email the BI driver developer but not heard back yet. Is the Audio Obsessions developer use this forum?

How did you find the BI server ip and port?

I have UniFi cameras and a couple of Wyze ones so I don’t think the Hikvision driver would work?!

The Generic IP Camera Fixed driver may work for you...I'm unaware if any driver for UniFi or Wyze

7 minutes ago, Kahn said:

The Generic IP Camera Fixed driver may work for you...I'm unaware if any driver for UniFi or Wyze

There is a generic RTSP driver that would work. The Unifi camera can be setup to stream standalone, or Unifi Video can be set up to restream the video. I think there is a hacked firmware for Wyze that allows RTSP. 

1 hour ago, Kahn said:

Example - my Blue Iris Program is on my PC which has an IP of 192.168.0.205 port 81......my cameras were setup as 192.168.0.200 thru 204

@KWD I'll pm you and thanks for the offer. I just have not spent enough time to get it, I'm sure you are right.

I got the paid version but post a screen shot.  With paid driver you use the IP of the PC then the cam number as labeled in BI

I reached out to Adam at Audio Obsessions about the drive and he kindly gave me a trial key but we were trying to set it up but under the 'Camera Test' clicking on the 'Get Snapshot URL' gives the error:

URL obscured by the driver developer/manufacturer. Contact them for further support.

Same happens on the Mjpeg and H.264. If I click on 'Test" it produces the following error:

Testing Snapshot ...

Verifying address ...

Address verified.

Verifying address:port ...

Address:port verified.

Verifying URL ... URL not verified: The remote server returned an error: (503)

Server Unavailable.

Test failed.

The above happens on all three; Snapshot, Mjpeg and H.264.

Any ideas?

56 minutes ago, KWD said:

Can you log into Blue Iris with your browser? What URL is it coming up with?

Yep, can log into the web viewer if you mean by typing in the 'Remote, external (WAN/Internet) access' which is an IP address and a port. It then asks me to login.

18 hours ago, Waring192 said:

Any ideas?

How many cameras do you have set up within Blue Iris? If it is just one try adding another and trying again. I am sure i read somewhere ( might be wrong) that 2 or more was needed, even if you only choose 1 within C4.

2 hours ago, tdougray said:

How many cameras do you have set up within Blue Iris? If it is just one try adding another and trying again. I am sure i read somewhere ( might be wrong) that 2 or more was needed, even if you only choose 1 within C4.

I only have 1 tester camera setup at the moment but will have 3 or 4 UniFi G3's put up soon.

Will add a second one to test then. I didn't quite understand though, do I need two physically plugged into the switch for Blue Iris or just add two cameras into C4?

• 3 months later...
On 11/10/2019 at 7:14 PM, Waring192 said:

I reached out to Adam at Audio Obsessions about the drive and he kindly gave me a trial key but we were trying to set it up but under the 'Camera Test' clicking on the 'Get Snapshot URL' gives the error:

Same happens on the Mjpeg and H.264. If I click on 'Test" it produces the following error:

Any ideas?

Old thread, but I get that same "URL obscured" message and that doesn't prevent the AO driver from working for me for BI4 or BI5.  I think you might have a setting issue somewhere.  Setup has gotten a little more involved with the randomization of the password forced by the CA law change. 

• 3 weeks later...

FYI the free BI driver in the C4 DB is partially dead with OS3, you will only see a static image on your T3, not even sure it's the same issue with the app.

BI have a lot of potential left behind, and sadly AudioObsession haven't updated his driver since a while... That's why I've written a new driver for BI5 from scratch, it comes in a lite or full flavor, the Lite version is mostly to view a compliant HD stream on all your Navigator device, whatever the camera you have or native resolution the camera has. Record at 4k, view at 720p on C4 with no issue.

The full version had every possible features BI can bring into C4. You will get motion trigger, camera control, auto-discovery, touch action trigger (touch the light on the live video feed and it will turn on). Also included is a cloud-free geofence driver that use the BI server and GPS on the app for positioning with any external services to log in, and the last and not the least is a full OSD control on the BI interface (5.2.1.1 required). Connect you BI server to your HDMI matrix and get a 4K camera view on all you TV, with feeds and playback control using your SR-260 or Neeo Remotes.

Check it out:

Full: https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/store/blue-iris-vms-camera-driver-motion-touch-trigger-geofence-osd/

Lite: https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/store/blue-iris-vms-camera-driver-lite-navigator-display-problem-solver/

• 1 year later...

I am here guys, sorry that I have missed all of this, I have just been impossibly busy.  I haven't had any time to update my driver, like Jerome said.  He did a great job with his, maybe one day I will get to it, or open source the work I did.  It was a fun project.  Hope everyone is well,  my e-mail is Adam@audioobsessions.com, if anyone wants to reach me.

Happy Halloween!

Adam

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.