C4 Forums | Control4

Intercom Anywhere DS1

I’ve got a system running 2.10.6 with an EA5 as the main controller, a heap of T2 video touchscreens and a DS1. Intercom anywhere is working perfectly between the screens and my phone and I can happily “dial” and connect to the door station and get audio and video. The only thing that does not work is a call initiated from the doorstation rings all the screens but not my mobile device. Is anyone aware of a workaround to this other than buy a DS2 🙂

2 hours ago, Amr said:

No work around try to leave the application opened in the background all the time, I had it working that way.

Thank you. In my case even with the app open the doorstation won’t call my phone. All other screens work fine both me calling them and then calling me. Also I can call the doorstation when in monitor mode and two way audio/video is fine! Just when someone presses the door bell everything rings apart from my phone :-)

Well it’s not compatible with DS1, we all tried the trick before and was working but not anymore, you know why ... yada yada yada ...

Anyways, I admit my poor planning to go with C4 Doorstation from the early beginning, it’s a god damn headache to change it now, as the amount of construction and preparations done and rework required to go to DS2 is pointless.

I will for sure go with another robust solution just to get rid of the HC800/2.10.6 but until that time no Intercom app for me as well 😐

4 hours ago, Amr said:

Well it’s not compatible with DS1, we all tried the trick before and was working but not anymore, you know why ... yada yada yada ...

Anyways, I admit my poor planning to go with C4 Doorstation from the early beginning, it’s a god damn headache to change it now, as the amount of construction and preparations done and rework required to go to DS2 is pointless.

I will for sure go with another robust solution just to get rid of the HC800/2.10.6 but until that time no Intercom app for me as well 😐

Is the switch from DS1 to DS2 a major change in terms of the size of the hole required?

Yes, I will need to have an exact size of the DS1, I can't decrease or Increase ... Sad Story ...

That’s the role of the “Product Manager”. The basics of any feasibility study is how to come out with a new version and not losing the current population/users. A smart product manager will design a new version with the goal of maintaining the current customers in addition new comers. This product management 101.
DS2 is an excellent device that can’t replace its predecessors!

2 hours ago, Amr said:

Yes, I will need to have an exact size of the DS1, I can't decrease or Increase ... Sad Story ...

They make a bracket to directly replace a DS1 with a DS2 mini. same footprint. For the full DS2 it is a different size.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.