C4 Forums | Control4

Upgrade Paths for 2.10.6 Hardware to 3.3 gear

Amr

Hello all, in a nut shell, I’ve decided to upgrade from my current HC based system to EA/3.3, I will go for EA-5 and chime for outdoor but will not go for T4’s for now. For planning purposes I need some help with some hardware choices specially the use case:

- Zigbee+OSD: I have some HC250’s for some rooms, are CA-1’s a good choice?

- Intercom: 7” Infinity edge Fixed screens, these are crucial, will the backplane connector work with T3 7”?

- Intercom: 7” Portable’s these would be replaced with 7” table top T3’s?

I will miss the 5” IE but I will not die 🤪

The in wall back box for Infinity 5/7, T3 and T4 are all the same.
The mid box is different for each (comes with the touchpanel)

Also know that the box's position relative to the vertical height changes between each as well, dimensions are in mm relative to the top and bottom of the inwall box.
Note the T4 8 and 10 have the same top, where the T3 kept the box almost centered.

image.png.3d4cfcddbf32d5502ec268f6eb3ab3b2.png

6 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Not sure why you'd go T3 at this point instead of T4? Know there's a bit of a proce difference, but unless you HAVE T3 alrady, to match with I'd go T4.

Not that I'm expecting T3 to go anywhere, but for the current price difference....

T3’s will be a huge upgrade from 7” IE’s am sure and will for sure get it at an attractive price, I will not go for a new T4’s ones, it’s a huge investment, will phase it out one at a time ...

11 hours ago, RAV said:

The in wall back box for Infinity 5/7, T3 and T4 are all the same.
The mid box is different for each (comes with the touchpanel)

Also know that the box's position relative to the vertical height changes between each as well, dimensions are in mm relative to the top and bottom of the inwall box.
Note the T4 8 and 10 have the same top, where the T3 kept the box almost centered.

image.png.3d4cfcddbf32d5502ec268f6eb3ab3b2.png

This is exactly what I was looking for, great info indeed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.