C4 Forums | Control4

Just received a new EA5 to replace a HC-800 that failed after 5 months. I can no longer SET any triggers for my Echo Driver. I can type in the Add Trigger Name field and click on the SET button but the Trigger never shows up in the Delete Trigger pull down.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my first device with Alexa so feedback will be good.  Having it play though the house better, but don't see that as a possibility.  

I would however like to see where else Dot can be useful.  Thanks.

Just to be clear - the Dot has a speaker, it's just not the quality of that in the Echo.  The Echo speaker is suitable for playing music, the Dot not really.

No.  You can use either or both.

On Amazon it says you have to order the Dot using voice commands on an Echo or Fire TV. So you have to purchase either an Echo or Fire TV first.

I had my dealer install my driver and it says active. I have my echo on a static IP and have it entered correctly. However, when after I tell alexa to discover devices, I then click "send discover" but alexa only discovers my two ecobees (which I've had added previously). Any solutions?

yeah i did, 

1 hour ago, ryanm said:

I had my dealer install my driver and it says active. I have my echo on a static IP and have it entered correctly. However, when after I tell alexa to discover devices, I then click "send discover" but alexa only discovers my two ecobees (which I've had added previously). Any solutions?

Does the echo need to be close to the main controller or even any controller?

@jfh I don't think you ever got an answer to your question, which @Anzir misunderstood.  There are workarounds to order online (http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-order-an-amazon-echo-dot-without-an-amazon-echo/). Also, you could probably use the Lexi app on iOS to order a Dot.  Both the Echo and the Dot are great, and I think you'll be very happ with either. 

Archived