C4 Forums | Control4

Upgrade controller from HC-250 to HC-800

AJ_

I apologize if I'm asking a question that may have been answered previously.

I am on 2.9.1. I'm upgrading to a HC-800. I already have a HC-250. The 250 is coordinator while a HC-500 and HC-300 are ZAPs. Is an upgrade possible without having to re-join all my devices? I believe moving the coordinator requires re-joining all devices. I believe I have some switches/dimmers/outlets that were originally on embernet. I was also wondering if a factory reset on these devices will reset them back to embernet?

Thanks,
AJ

Not sure, I believe I had to re-id my zigbee devices when I upgraded from a 250 to a 800. Get with your dealer and they will be able to tell you the "magic button presses" for the device to leave the zigbee network and reidentify. No need to factory restore.

Should be able to add the 800 and move everything over to it no problem.  It may require a reboot of all zigbee devices to attach to the new mesh created though if things don't start working right away.  15 taps on all lighting devices.  Pretty painless.

Thanks for the info. Has this changed from the past? If I remember correctly from when I went from 1.8 to 2.2, it took hours for my dealer to upgrade. If it's much better now, I'm glad.

Thanks for the info. Has this changed from the past? If I remember correctly from when I went from 1.8 to 2.2, it took hours for my dealer to upgrade. If it's much better now, I'm glad.

Yes. Lots of changes since 1.8

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wow. It was super easy to move from the 250 to the 800. A great experience. No need to rejoin any device. AND the best part is that the response times are much faster. My TIDAL playlists load almost instantly.

I still have an HC-500 and an HC-300 in my system. These are used for audio outs (among other needs) to the 2 audio amps I have. I see the 250 and 800 do not have as many outputs together. But I'm sure there's a way. Baby steps... :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 10:03 AM, achoudhary said:

Wow. It was super easy to move from the 250 to the 800. A great experience. No need to rejoin any device. AND the best part is that the response times are much faster. My TIDAL playlists load almost instantly.

I still have an HC-500 and an HC-300 in my system. These are used for audio outs (among other needs) to the 2 audio amps I have. I see the 250 and 800 do not have as many outputs together. But I'm sure there's a way. Baby steps... :)

between the two of them they have 6 audio outs on the 250 and 800. How many audio outs do you need? you'll be able to use the advanced digital media if you remove the 300 and 500 from the audio paths.

Archived