C4 Forums | Control4

Different light levels at night

slevittmd

What are the variables for?
Create the Advanced Lighting Scenes and assign a toggle off scene to each in the Advanced Lighting agent.
In programming:

When button pressed:
If time between 7am and 10pm
  Toggle scene 1
Else
  Toggle scene 2

The first press will activate the scene. Once the scene is active, the second press will turn off the scene. One scene during the day, a different one at night.

That works perfectly. If I wanted to add a double tap to default to 100% anytime of day what is the best way to do this and still act as a toggle. I programmed 

when double tapped

toggle master bed day scene.

my issue arises if I only single tap after the double tap is active it goes to the specified day or night scene and not off.

22 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Sure.

WHEN garage door opens
IF time is nighttime [on the right hand side under actions scroll down to scheduler and select the actual agent]
  Turn on garage lights

I'd leave the 'off' without the IF statement myself but you could do the same there.

Found it, thanks! 

1513738539527466419796.jpg

16 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

Drag your green arrow actions up to the if statement so they indent inwards to nest them into the condition

15 minutes ago, twmoonly said:

Make sure you nest your programming under the if statement or else it will not test that statement

Done, thanks! 

1513739935266750499045.jpg

17 hours ago, twmoonly said:

That works perfectly. If I wanted to add a double tap to default to 100% anytime of day what is the best way to do this and still act as a toggle. I programmed 

when double tapped

toggle master bed day scene.

my issue arises if I only single tap after the double tap is active it goes to the specified day or night scene and not off.

Bump to above.

Question 2: How does the button behavior work. I have it set to follow connection but I am not getting any feedback when it is active

2 hours ago, twmoonly said:

Bump to above.

Question 2: How does the button behavior work. I have it set to follow connection but I am not getting any feedback when it is active

You would program whatever you have on press right not to single tap, then program the 100% to double tap.

As for button behaviour I expect you mean the LED tracking - as you didn't bind a light or scene but used programming it can't track - you'd have to add programming to change the LED color manually.

On 9/22/2017 at 9:08 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

Binding them gives a much quicker response time than programming although you can get almost the same if you use on press instead of on single click.

Binding is also quicker and easier for the dealer to set up and change.

I have my lights bound and then use a double click to set 50% brightness (can be done in HE).  The only problem with this approach is that they come on at full brightness and then dim to 50% when your controller realizes you have done a double click.  You can get around this by setting the ramp up rate to the light to a good few seconds.

You could program the level to be set (based on time) when the light comes on in HE and leave the bindings in place. The same problem and work around described above would apply.

it can be done with out any going to 100% and later to 50%, I did it few times (at my home as well) in slightly different way.

1. make 2 schedule events ( for time 100% light and for time 50% lights)

2. in programming  at time when it suppose to be 100% go  to dimmer  variables, choose preset levels and set it to 100%

3. in programming  at time when it suppose to be 50% go to dimmer  variables, choose preset levels and set it to 50%

easy and works good with C4 products, but it doesn't work with lutron.

Archived