C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Nvidia Shield / Amazon Fire TV 4K driver (Video Storm IRUSB)

alanchow

MAJOR UPDATE

Version #20180228- 28-FEB-2018
⦁    Added Auto Room Off after x amount of minutes of silence.  This is good for automatically turning the room off if nothing has been playing after a prolonged period of time.

Version #20180227- 27-FEB-2018
⦁    Changed Play/Play/Stop buttons to be more unified
⦁    Changed room off sequence
⦁    Implemented Auto Room On based on if audio is detected.  This is great for Chromecast, Spotify Connect, Youtube, Plex, etc)
⦁    Added ON proxy command which sends a IRUSB wake command.  Should assist in waking the screen on some boxes.

3 minutes ago, alanchow said:

MAJOR UPDATE

Version #20180228- 28-FEB-2018
⦁    Added Auto Room Off after x amount of minutes of silence.  This is good for automatically turning the room off if nothing has been playing after a prolonged period of time.

Version #20180227- 27-FEB-2018
⦁    Changed Play/Play/Stop buttons to be more unified
⦁    Changed room off sequence
⦁    Implemented Auto Room On based on if audio is detected.  This is great for Chromecast, Spotify Connect, Youtube, Plex, etc)
⦁    Added ON proxy command which sends a IRUSB wake command.  Should assist in waking the screen on some boxes.

solid improvements. re: the guide home button, sorry, will submit via proper ticket in the future :) looking forward to having that in a future release!

• 1 year later...

I have this working. Essentially I use the HDHomeRun mini app and changed the App intent. My Android App intent is:
Com.silicondust.view#Intent;component=com.silicondust.view/.MediaCodecPlayer;end

Works perfectly launching live channels instead of HDHomeRun directly. And.... with the latest update the guide button is properly mapped, so I’m extremely happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s what I have:
Com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom#Intent;component=com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom/com.amazon.ignition.IgnitionActivityo;?;endo;?

It seems pretty crazy but it works on every shield I have. And I have five of them.

Hope if works out

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 8:38 AM, Maps001 said:

Hoping to get the intent strings Kodi if someone has it? The one I have doesn’t directly launch Kodi, it just takes it to the Nvidia shield home page. Same as Netflix.

Please use our Kodi mini app as that definately works (i use it everyday).

On 3/18/2020 at 1:45 PM, Bharris said:

I'm trying to see if there is a way to do a long select press. Can't see anything in programming. I'm trying to get context menu in kodi, thanks.

We don't have long press yet.  If you are using our Kodi Full driver (which has the IRUSB protocol built in) then you can map the context button.

1 hour ago, alanchow said:

Please use our Kodi mini app as that definately works (i use it everyday).

We don't have long press yet.  If you are using our Kodi Full driver (which has the IRUSB protocol built in) then you can map the context button.

I’m using irusb with your nvidia shield driver. 

Hi @alanchow

I've been using this driver for a while and it works great for the most part of the time. 

Latelly and because of the COVID-19 quarentime, I've installed a few other apps, other then youtube and Netflix, but I'm getting frequent one minute freeze periods. I use to have them every 30 mins or so, but now, its every 5 mins or so. 

Amazon Fire TV on OS 2.10.5

Any way to minimize or fix this? 

Thanks for that, I realised I hadn’t binded the audio volume in the room hence it wasn’t working.

On 3/29/2020 at 11:44 PM, Bharris said:

I’m using irusb with your nvidia shield driver. 

The intent for Kodi has never changed.  Just tested it now to be sure.

org.xbmc.kodi#Intent;component=org.xbmc.kodi/.Splash;end

15 hours ago, Wushi said:

Hi @alanchow

I've been using this driver for a while and it works great for the most part of the time. 

Latelly and because of the COVID-19 quarentime, I've installed a few other apps, other then youtube and Netflix, but I'm getting frequent one minute freeze periods. I use to have them every 30 mins or so, but now, its every 5 mins or so. 

Amazon Fire TV on OS 2.10.5

Any way to minimize or fix this? 

Freezing isn't a good indication.  The driver is pretty straight forward and pretty much 1-way for the most part.  I would be concerned with general system stability.  It sounds like you have something that is sucking up CPU at that one minute interval.  I would get your dealer to investigate this.

14 hours ago, Maps001 said:

Thanks for that, I realised I hadn’t binded the audio volume in the room hence it wasn’t working.

That is not related to the context button but i'm glad you got it sorted.

• 2 months later...
On 3/29/2020 at 6:21 AM, alanchow said:

@alanchow, is there any way to get the context menu in Kodi WITHOUT having the Kodi Full driver? I just have your Shield driver.

p.s. I actually do own a license for the Kodi Full driver, but I uninstalled it and replaced it with the Shield driver. I had problems launching mini apps on the Shield with Kodi Full. For example, I would choose to launch Prime but instead I'd be taken to Kodi. Dealer did some troubleshooting, but no luck. I also couldn't find a way to get to the Shield home screen. Finally just threw in the towel and removed Kodi Full. It's much better, though still occasionally I try to launch one mini app but get another (usually Netflix). I do miss some of the other Kodi Full driver features.

Anyway, sorry to get sidetracked. Back to my question... how to get context menu in Kodi with your Shield driver?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, elee532 said:

@alanchow, is there any way to get the context menu in Kodi WITHOUT having the Kodi Full driver? I just have your Shield driver.

p.s. I actually do own a license for the Kodi Full driver, but I uninstalled it and replaced it with the Shield driver. I had problems launching mini apps on the Shield with Kodi Full. For example, I would choose to launch Prime but instead I'd be taken to Kodi. Dealer did some troubleshooting, but no luck. I also couldn't find a way to get to the Shield home screen. Finally just threw in the towel and removed Kodi Full. It's much better, though still occasionally I try to launch one mini app but get another (usually Netflix). I do miss some of the other Kodi Full driver features.

Anyway, sorry to get sidetracked. Back to my question... how to get context menu in Kodi with your Shield driver?

Thanks!

I don’t know the answer to this question.  

The IRUSB driver is a generic drivers and one of the many buttons may map to that specific function or may not,

1 hour ago, alanchow said:

I don’t know the answer to this question.  

The IRUSB driver is a generic drivers and one of the many buttons may map to that specific function or may not,

Not sure if this helps @alanchow, but it's a long press on the Shield remote's Select button that brings up the context menu in the Kodi app.

On 6/20/2020 at 9:42 AM, elee532 said:

Not sure if this helps @alanchow, but it's a long press on the Shield remote's Select button that brings up the context menu in the Kodi app.

The driver has a long home button.  I'm not sure if this will do it for you as i don't use Kodi in that fashion (i use the Kodi full driver)

23 hours ago, alanchow said:

The driver has a long home button.  I'm not sure if this will do it for you as i don't use Kodi in that fashion (i use the Kodi full driver)

Unfortunately not. Long Home takes me to the list of installed apps.

As far as I can tell, Long Press of the Select button is the only way to get the context menu in Kodi.

Thanks @alanchow, and I welcome any other suggestions you or someone else might have.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.