C4 Forums | Control4

PushNotify "Vote1" Most Awesome app

This is simply the most awesome value add, little app in the entire C4 space

Don't believe me?...well go out and try it :)

(Even works when 4site is down or iCloud mail is delayed)

SethJ, It's already fantastic...but let's see some upgrades to this app.

This app has the potential to really make a difference to home monitoring..Seth....You are a genius :D

Control4 2.0 (or higher)

Extra Vegetables have fully tested this driver on Control4 OS 2.x. It may work with older versions of the OS but this is not supported.

so is anyone using it successfully with 1.7 ?

awww... shucks guys. <3

I tested it on 1.7.4 once during the initial testing.. I'm not sure if thats a EV recommendation because of their licensing program they put on top. You can always do the 14 day trial they offer to see if it works or not.

What upgrades would you guys like to see? I was messing around with it the other day with few other apps.

There is one obvious addition that will be happening sooner or later. ;)

Agreed that it is a great app!

Couple questions if anyone can answer.

Is it possible to send different messages to different iDevices?

(ie, I want to send a message to wifes iPhone if she left her garage door open)

Can you assign different sounds to different notifications?

I use Elysium sound for my notifications. Anyone know if there is a .wav file so I can use the same sound for home speaker announcements?

Thanks!

What upgrades would you guys like to see?

I'd like a way to be able to easily use push notify to set up scheduled reminders. Even one off reminders.

I also agree with tebery^. Specify different notifications for different idevices...Though I can see this may be limited to the inbuilt abilities of Prowl????

Specify different notifications for different idevices

Just setup two drivers, one per iDevice. I have 3 setup, 1 for my iPhone, my wife's and iPad. They all get different notices (although mostly wife and I get the same)

Specify different notifications for different idevices

Just setup two drivers' date=' one per iDevice. I have 3 setup, 1 for my iPhone, my wife's and iPad. They all get different notices (although mostly wife and I get the same)[/quote']

Yep.. thats how you do that..

Yes you can specify different sounds for different notifications.. just use the priority and set that up in prowl/NMA.

• 1 month later...

The Driver is 30$ dollars. and then whatever time your dealer charges you to install the driver. You also need to setup a prowl account and have the API key ready for your dealer to put into the driver. Should be able to do it all remotely...

Ryan

• 6 months later...

Archived