C4 Forums | Control4

WOW. A surveymonkey has just hit my inbox

I've got a question into someone high in marketing, asking whether it was originally offered, then changed.

I'll see what she says. Of course, quarter to 5 on a weekend before a holiday week, I don't know when she'll respond.

Thanks.

RyanE

Thanks for the follow-up on this Ryan. :)

No doubt everyone will be following up on what you find very closely.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually. You are correct.

Here is a copy of that email sent 8/23/2012...two months after the survey...

So this was in addition to the free offer that we mentioned we saw within the survey...

"Control4 continues to strive to deliver more compelling automation solutions to improve our consumers’ lives. I want to thank you for your direct feedback and stress how informative and meaningful your feedback is as we incorporate it into our product and business plans.

A consistent message we heard from many customers is the desire to receive updates about the Control4® product-line as well as to better understand how to refine, expand, or upgrade their own systems. I have included a web link to a dozen real-life examples that provide a taste of how others around the world have applied Control4® solutions in their homes and lives. Additionally, here is another quick link to our product-line overviews. Naturally, your Authorized Control4® Dealer will provide you with detailed information for your specific home and will address your questions.

To make our thank you for your feedback more tangible, we are providing you a 10% rebate directly from Control4 for all Control4® products purchased for your home from August 13, 2012 through December 31st, 2012. The attached Customer Appreciation Rebate form provides the program details and rules and also explains that this rebate may be combined with other valid Control4 promotions or offers.

We are excited about providing you great products and great solutions via our Authorized Dealers. So far this year, we have introduced new blazing-fast home controllers that dramatically enhance the interactive experience; new elegant in-wall and table-top touchscreens with video intercom capability, and new video-enabled exterior intercom stations for entry gates and doors. Please reach out to your Control4 Dealer to learn more and to discuss if, how, and when you would like to refine, expand, or upgrade your Control4 system.

Thank you again for the time you invested to share your experiences directly with us. I want you to know that your feedback is directly influencing what we do and will do at Control4.

I welcome additional feedback, which you may send to me directly via ....."

My point is, no one has shown me anything other than "I remember seeing", which isn't exactly evidence, and saying that what's up there now doesn't say what you *remember* isn't proof that anything has changed.

And *everyone* does not remember seeing what you do. Could be multiple surveys, could be something else.

i.e. accusations could certainly be toned down. It'd go a long way towards me actually caring what the resolution is.

RyanE

^ I'm sorry Ryan.

I didn't re-float this issue.

I'm simply trying to help other users out here..

I'm happy.

Yeh. I can't use the 10% discount (even though it was offered by the company president and CEO without clarification that it didn't apply to my country of residence) , but I've moved on about that.. I've even gone on and bought more C4 equipment without the discount..

Either way. It appears to be a bit of a marketing stuff up.

You can't deny that.

Some of us saw what we saw. And as I said, still seem confused about the naming of the various licenses. That's not my problem..

What are you talking about?

What I'm talking about is that just because something has quotes around it' date=' doesn't mean it was copied as "[u']exact wording straight out of the survey".

RyanE

True RyanE, they should have sent a real Thank you email with any special offer/contest etc. details instead of having it appear on the last screen of the online survey. Then there would be no question. All I know is what I read and apparently many others that did the survey read the same thing. The only question we had was is it really an entire site licence as it stated at the end of the survey. The email they sent later appeared to me to be a separate issue, but if its not it "appears" that they changed their minds and have recanted their promise.

Yeh Thanks Ryan.

I feel this needs investigating all the same.

To clear the air.

As some users here seem a bit unhappy about this.

I'm not unhappy. I mean well. I stand impartial on this. As I already had a device license :)

I'm just supporting them, because I thought I saw differently as well, at the time when I first did the survey.

I recall I saw a free License offer. I just can't recall if it was a device one or a site one.

You are right. There may have been different surveys run. And maybe everyone didn't answer and therefore see the *same* survey.

But if customers did see a different offer. Or the offer changed. And the original offer hasn't been followed thru by the company (particularly if the customer chased it up)...then it's reasonable these guys' receive the free offer they saw..

I am sure you would agree.

Thanks for following this up.

Here is a link to the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QGXJ8MB. I received the email from Control 4 on June 15 2012. What I posted (#15) on June 15th was a direct quote from the survey at that time.

After I received the thank you email from Control 4 on August 13, I replied back (info@info.control4.com) asking about the offer. I quote from my email, ""Just a quick point of clarification/question. On page 5 of the survey, it states the following, “We would love to hear anything else you’d like to tell us about your Control4 experience. Don’t forget to provide your contact information below so we can send you your free MyHome device license!

When and how do we get the free MyHome device license?

Sincerely

Toke Adams"

This again was a direct quote from the survey as of August 13th. I didn't get a response to my email from Control 4.

Looking at the survey tonight, the front page states:

"For just a 5-10 minute investment of your time, you will be entered into a drawing for our new HC-800 Controller, HC-250 Controller, 7" Portable Touch Screen with Camera, a MyHome Site License and up to $500 in installation costs (over $3,000 MSRP value). Please complete the survey no later than July 15, 2012 in order to be eligible for the drawing. See all details on the final page of the survey." The last page is as digitaltrader posted.

The paragraph quoted above from August 13 and on June 15 is no longer there.

Make what you want of it. I stand by the quotes as they were direct cut and paste on those specific dates and not what I remember seeing. I followed up with Control 4 to no avail. I have sent another email tonight

I use SurveyMonkey. It's a great inexpensive tool, but if someone made a revision to the text, there is no history of past versions unless they create a new session. A new session generates a new URL. As the original URL still works, I assume the original survey was revised.

RyanE, I appreciate you looking into it, but as you're not on the forum as a Control 4 representative but as an extremely dedicated employee, I would appreciate an official answer - either way - from the company, i.e. a reply to my email. This is said with all sincerity and respect and is not a sleight against you.

Toke

Here is a link to the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QGXJ8MB. I received the email from Control 4 on June 15 2012. What I posted (#15) on June 15th was a direct quote from the survey at that time.

After I received the thank you email from Control 4 on August 13, I replied back (info@info.control4.com) asking about the offer. I quote from my email, ""Just a quick point of clarification/question. On page 5 of the survey, it states the following, “We would love to hear anything else you’d like to tell us about your Control4 experience. Don’t forget to provide your contact information below so we can send you your free MyHome device license!

When and how do we get the free MyHome device license?

Sincerely

Toke Adams"

This again was a direct quote from the survey as of August 13th. I didn't get a response to my email from Control 4.

Looking at the survey tonight, the front page states:

"For just a 5-10 minute investment of your time, you will be entered into a drawing for our new HC-800 Controller, HC-250 Controller, 7" Portable Touch Screen with Camera, a MyHome Site License and up to $500 in installation costs (over $3,000 MSRP value). Please complete the survey no later than July 15, 2012 in order to be eligible for the drawing. See all details on the final page of the survey." The last page is as digitaltrader posted.

The paragraph quoted above from August 13 and on June 15 is no longer there.

Make what you want of it. I stand by the quotes as they were direct cut and paste on those specific dates and not what I remember seeing. I followed up with Control 4 to no avail. I have sent another email tonight

I use SurveyMonkey. It's a great inexpensive tool, but if someone made a revision to the text, there is no history of past versions unless they create a new session. A new session generates a new URL. As the original URL still works, I assume the original survey was revised.

RyanE, I appreciate you looking into it, but as you're not on the forum as a Control 4 representative but as an extremely dedicated employee, I would appreciate an official answer - either way - from the company, i.e. a reply to my email. This is said with all sincerity and respect and is not a sleight against you.

Toke

I'm pretty sure the laws here surrounding "price, chance and consideration" that pertain to any drawing also require they document publicly who the winner was, how they were selected and the date/time they won. I could be wrong though. I'd love to see who won...

OK, I got a response from marketing, and it pretty much jibes with what I've heard from all of you.

In a nutshell, one of the original ideas for the survey was to reward an individual device license (not site) to those who took the survey. This was changed *before* the survey was published, however, the original wording for the "Don't Forget" line was left in at the end of the survey. The "Don't forget" line was removed within a couple of weeks of the survey going live (so not everyone saw it), and was never intended to be part of the survey, as the first page of the survey clearly indicates that it was a drawing, not a giveaway.

That said, if any of you who completed the survey send me the information that you used on the survey *this week*, if I can verify that you did complete the survey via the survey data, I'll make it good.

This is a limited time and scope offer, and is only available to those already on C4Forums who filled out the survey. Don't publish this outside c4forums, or I'll ask to have the thread removed.

Note: Licenses would be granted to the users' my.control4.com account only, actually activating and identifying devices still currently (as of 2.2) involves a dealer. The license will be an individual device license, which will work for *any* single MyHome device or app (i.e. iPhone/iPad/Android/MyHomePC).

Email the following info (if you did the survey, please) to rerickson@control4.com :

Full Name

C4Forums Account name

Email address

Phone

Thanks for your patience.

RyanE

Control4

Ryan, great work in tracking this down and running point on it. I did see the Don't forget line at the end, but since I have a site license, the offer didn't really appeal to me anyway. The drawing, however did.

Did you happen to get an answer as to who was the contest winner?

Ryan, great work in tracking this down and running point on it. I did see the Don't forget line at the end, but since I have a site license, the offer didn't really appeal to me anyway. The drawing, however did.

Same here, since I have a site license as well.

Archived