C4 Forums | Control4

All of our drivers are site licences. Buy one licence and use it as many times as you like in the one project.

A new version of the driver will come out in the next two days as version 7.0.2 which resolves issues that some systems are having.

If you install the driver today then please make sure that auto update is enabled so that the driver will update itself to 7.0.2

how long does it take for the system to update once auto update is enabled?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, when I first bought the device I did not think it was going to get used very often but thought I would give it a shot and could not resist grabbing one especially since they are so inexpensive.

After a couple of months with living with one I grabbed another and with the amount of android devices in my household growing I found it getting used more and more often, I was even shocked to find my ios devices were able to use it also.

Has to be one of the coolest and usefull toys Ihave ever bought for under $40.

Great job on the driver, keep up the great work on developing unique and highly useful drivers, this is what control4 really needs IMO,

Thanks

Thanks guys. Yeah I was surprised when I found out my iphone could cast YouTube clips and other content to the chromecast,

My most pleasant surprise is chromecast can mirror a windows or osx desktop using the chromecast extension for the chrome browser.

This opens up possibilities for a fully automated boardroom without any user interface.

http://www.chowmain.co.nz/boardroom

Version 7.0.2 has been tested.  EV will be pushing it out in the next 12 hours.  This resolves issues with certain CPU types and control over youtube,plex,viki and redbull tv apps.

• 2 weeks later...

This happens with youtube, plex, and all the apps that you list.. I guess I will have to go through my dealer which will just slow this entire process down since I can't create my own EV account to open the support ticket.  I have full access to my C4 system and just use my dealer to purchase drivers, but he's not going to have any clue how to resolve this issue for me.

This hasn't worked for me at all.. I get the following errors

Fri Aug 8 17:30:14 2014 - ReceivedFromProxy [5001] : PAUSE

Fri Aug 8 17:30:14 2014 - ROOM_ID

Fri Aug 8 17:30:14 2014 - #-#-#-#-#-SENDING FRAME TO NETWORK: ??

Does your chromecast work fully on its own? Does the driver see your chromecast? Other then the info you posted you really haven't given anyone something to work with to try and help

Yes, the chromecast works no problem and it's setup correctly in composer.  See the linked screenshots to see when i switch to various apps, they show up under the current app.  Pause etc do not work though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3que0d6pdsxrc9t/Screenshot%202014-08-10%2016.24.43.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbl5rqgxnnm6dfa/Screenshot%202014-08-10%2016.27.38.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8guku41vp3zol2/Screenshot%202014-08-10%2016.25.18.png

Play pause, stop, etc will only work in a limited amount of applications.  Plex has changed its API recently so it will not work.  Netflix will not work.  Hulu will not work. Youtube should work though.

It looks like you are not using the auto on/off functionality which is the main reason you purchase this driver and are using it for playback control.  I recommend that you get a refund for it as it will not do what you are looking at using it for.

it doesn't work with youtube, but it's pretty disappointing to hear that playback control isn't something I should have gotten the driver for.  Since I use plex primarily, I would consider this to be a very popular app, but I guess not.  Sure plex recently changed their API, but how hard could it be to fix.. I fixed the open source plex driver when the API changed there from having the server control the players to the individual players being in control of playback.

it doesn't work with youtube, but it's pretty disappointing to hear that playback control isn't something I should have gotten the driver for.  Since I use plex primarily, I would consider this to be a very popular app, but I guess not.  Sure plex recently changed their API, but how hard could it be to fix.. I fixed the open source plex driver when the API changed there from having the server control the players to the individual players being in control of playback.

If it is an easy fix i would have done it by now.  Plex for chromecast is a totally different ball game as the technology it utilises is native to Chromecast.

If you want to utilise plex i would recommend utilising our Plex Home Theatre Driver with a dedicated HTPC.  Your experience will be much nicer this way.

This will be the best driver and chromecast will be my favorite once I can cast Powerpoint from my iphone. The it will be the ultimate boardroom combo

I agree.  I know that there is one on Google Playstore so android users can do this now.  Just have to wait until some one does the same for Applges AppStore.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Yes. Due to a major change in the Chromecast communications we have had to remove the driver from the Extra Vegetables website and our website. Control4 unfortunately does not have the security layer required in driverworks. We have since found out that in os 2.6 Control4 released the security layer protocol undocumented through the XML bindings (not the driverworks dynamic bindings).

Anyway long story short as of os 2.6.0 we can finally start working on a resolution.

Clients who cannot wait for a fix or clients with systems running < 2.6.0 are advised to get a refund from Extra Vegetables.

• 2 months later...

Archived