C4 Forums | Control4

My system will be installed in January.

Is the driver available for 2.6.0 os by now?

I would connect Chromecsst to the AVR in the rack. Will I get all the features? Or should I connect it to the TV directly for best (smart) result?

Driver is broken by Google updates and it can't be fixed.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any prognoses for a revised chromecast driver? I think that address reservation is perfectly acceptable, if that helps.

Sincerely,

Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per conversations with Alan this is dead

Any other options to stream/mirror content from a tablet/phone through Control4 onto a TV? Amazon Fire stick? does that give the same capabilities?

Fire tv stick doesn't allow control by 3rd parties

Understand that you can still add a 'virtual' driver of any source and select it via C4 to DO some sort of 'throw' to a TV, be it local to each TV or through a matrix switch - there just isn't a way to 'see' when you do this to automatically turn on the TV etc.

We have mixed iOS and Android.  Was great when I wanted to show something on youtube to just open up my phone, dial it up and share it on the big TV in the living room.  I have a matrix but no open slots now so I just had this on the receiver in the room.  For $30 or whatever it was perfect for that, did not get into all the apps - just 90% youtube and 10% sharing some photos - from iOS or Android.

ROKU3 work on iOS?

Wether Roku does this for iOS or not is a moot point - Roku drivers are one-way only (Roku doesn't give feedback) so the system still wouldn't know you're casting anything.

As such Chromecast, Roku or other would have similar limitations at that point - you'd still have to select the source, then do what you want.

I don't use Tivo so wouldnt know.

It would depend on IF the Tivo actually broadcasts what it's doing (or only replies to inquiries), if it would state when you're doing this 'cast' specifically AND if the driver can recognize it to begin with.

TiVo isn't used here at all - we used to have the 'legacy' DVRs for awhile but that's it - though I think recently one cable provider in Ontario started using them. So I fear I can't answer those questions.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, vstar said:

I hate to revive such an old thread but the recent discussion of the chromecast in the wemo driver discussion reminded me of this. I assume nothing has changed in the api to be able to resurrect this driver? would be pretty cool, thanks.

https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/reference/

We currently are not looking at this driver currently.

Archived