C4 Forums | Control4

New C4 remote coming?

epike

The SR-250 seems a little long in the tooth compared to the offerings from the likes of Logitech, URC etc. Is there any chance a new C4 remote is in the works?

What would you change on the New remote you desire?

Color screen instead of OLED?

Button placement?

Other buttons?

I get the point that it is 'long in the tooth' but I am not sure what I would change.

Even the play pause forward back seems to make more sense to me (a rightie) the more I use it. This is the main complaint I see that this should be back play forward not play back toward.

Personally I like the simplicity. Who cares if my channel logo is displayed on my remote - I see it on the TV screen as I change channels - checking the remote for it is more effort to begin with.

I've always disliked logitech's event style setup to begin with myself.

But hey to each his own

The remote REALLY need custom button with LCD text.

I hate explaining to a customer to press. List->house->custom buttons->Custom button title->then button.

programming things to non labelled buttons works for very few customers.

I could care less. A remote is a remote. Once you learn where the buttons are it always works the same way. The SR250 is great. The 150.. not so much.

LCD, configurable buttons, etc.. I can see the use case but honestly if you need that you're probably doing it wrong. This isn't URC/RTI for a reason.

tl;dr meh.

Archived