C4 Forums | Control4

OS 2.6

OS X new app is working great.  Using it on both Yosemite and Mavericks.  I also updated to Air 15.  So check your air version too.....

All and all, this upgrade was butter.  Super easy!  Even sent a bunch of configuration changes and love that the mobile app asks you to sync!

Thanks for the verification. Was running into to some wonky security issues with OSX. Air uninstaller and installer complaining about needing admin permissions (which the user was). Ended up rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling air and control4 app. All well now.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's the good 'old' fashioned Zigbee Mesh Ballon (Graphical) overview? I kinda miss that.

Only "Network Tools" in CP is showing Zigbee statuses. 

As far as I can remember it was positioned under the "Detective Suite" in CP as a separate tab (2.5.3 and lower). 

Where's the good 'old' fashioned Zigbee Mesh Ballon (Graphical) overview? I kinda miss that.

Only "Network Tools" in CP is showing Zigbee statuses. 

As far as I can remember it was positioned under the "Detective Suite" in CP as a separate tab (2.5.3 and lower). 

It was removed  in 2.6.

• 3 weeks later...

This is now a restricted doc

wtf?

That's bloody stupid. Why do I need to ask my dealer. Seems like it's run by politicians: more concerned about themselves and forgot who got them where they are

• 3 weeks later...

I think I read it in the now 'restricted' doc, something about if you are on 2.6 and want to use another controller for a ZAP that it had to be a 250 or 800.  Does this sound right?  I can't remember the exact wording or scenario.  

I have searched for a while on the forum (BTW you can't search '2.6')

Unlikely you read that there as it talked of videoswitches.

And no there is no requirement that a ZAP is a 250 or 800.

A 250 or 800 can be used as a ZAP OUTSIDE of the reach of the current mesh without needing to be a separate sever and coordinator as well since 2.6 (look for 2.6 considerations for some details) but using the 'old' method the 200/300/500 can still be a ZAP.

• 5 weeks later...

Unlikely you read that there as it talked of videoswitches.

And no there is no requirement that a ZAP is a 250 or 800.

A 250 or 800 can be used as a ZAP OUTSIDE of the reach of the current mesh without needing to be a separate sever and coordinator as well since 2.6 (look for 2.6 considerations for some details) but using the 'old' method the 200/300/500 can still be a ZAP.

This is a WAY underestimated development and upgrade I reckon. This is going to be awesome!!!

The other 'major' feature in 2.6 is Pool / Spa control on all devices.

RyanE

Control of which pool control system Ryan? Models? 

What C4 pool control and driver for what equipment is specifically referred to in the new 10% promo and new look control4 customer website?

Jandi? Pentair? What? Thanks :)

Archived