C4 Forums | Control4

OS 2.6

? ALL of the old touchscreens are no longer able to be part of a 2.6 system. ONLY the Infinity Edge 5"/7"  and V2 7" inwall and 7" portable are supported.

That means No MTS, No 10.5", no 1st gen 7" (inwall, portable, or desktop versions).

does this mean that my touch screen with video will be supported?

Thank you

Peter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mind you this has been discussed at length within the dealer community, starting months and months ago.

My understanding of it is that, with the large strive to make all interface as near to identical as possible, the though was that as these older interface could not handle the update, it was better for consistency to eliminate them altogether.

This is a very boiled down sentence of pages of back and forth, and in no way is it implied as any official stance from Control4.

I also understand that with the numerous background changes to the system, older interface would be unable to use a lot of options, limiting them LESS functionality than they had in 2.5.3 (TuneIn, Rhapsody for example would cease to work).

I don't work for Control4 - if you want more info than this you'd have to ask them.

Yes.

I'll see if I can do a write up of some of the limitations 2.6 will bring to devices tonight in a separate thread with some exact model nrs included as well.

That would be very helpful. In my case I have a 1000V2 and 2 200B's (One for upstairs control and one downstairs control TV and 2 first version Infinity edge 7" touch screens). Is it a complete loss after only being purchased 3.5 years ago? If so, that would be very poor indeed... LOL

Either the driver wasn't updated yet (this would pop-up in ComposerPro when connecting) or you need to re-boot the main controller.

The pop-up came up in composer HE I hit yes for update everything working. This was for Tunein...

Thanks for all the help tonight from everyone... That was awesome that it came up in HE.

OS X new app is working great.  Using it on both Yosemite and Mavericks.  I also updated to Air 15.  So check your air version too.....

All and all, this upgrade was butter.  Super easy!  Even sent a bunch of configuration changes and love that the mobile app asks you to sync!

Archived