C4 Forums | Control4

OS 2.6

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It means that the "work arounds" and the native offerings (tune-in, rhapsody) are now able to appear coherent across the user interfaces, and therefore "appear and function" as native. Control4 needs to focus on compatibility for them to be the platform of choice. This allows them to do just that, and stop wasting precious development time trying to keep up with os's such as sonos and LMS (videostorm, fusion research, etc.). They purchased ev, which allows the end user to get ev drivers for free... Add it all up and it's as if they just announced a $349 (sonos connect) retail music player that works with practically all services, and you can buy at target! Of course my preference is still netplay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Integration with over 40 streaming music services including Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Songza, and more.  Customers will enjoy a consistent experience regardless of whether these services originate through Control4 or through products from third parties such as Autonomic, Fusion Research, Sonos or Video Storm

Is the quote from the release.

It's typical press release blurb but it doesn't suggest to me anything other than that the integration of these services via native or third party is now improved.

Which it very much is.

Those over 40 music services would be available this very day if you wanted them (well if you could get the hardware today).

I suppose, technically, as ExtraVegetables is now owned by Control4 it shouldn't be considered third party for drivers?

Control4 acquired E.V. - interesting. So does ExtraVegetables.com still sell drivers, or are all the drivers that ExtraVegetables used to sell now free of charge?

How does this affect Alan Chow and his distribution of his Chowmein Drivers via ExtraVegetables?

I'll do the update tonight and see if there's anything that blows my skirt up.

All EV developed drivers are free from here on. As it stands all drivers sold by EV made by others are continuing on as before. How support for those are intended to work out is something I just asked about myself - we'll see what that returns. EV no longer supports 'their' drivers, as EV is now part of C4, so C4 tech supports is the place to go for those.

? ALL of the old touchscreens are no longer able to be part of a 2.6 system. ONLY the Infinity Edge 5"/7" and V2 7" inwall and 7" portable are supported.

That means No MTS, No 10.5", no 1st gen 7" (inwall, portable, or desktop versions).

Is not supported the same as "won't work"? I have a 1st gen portable. It's used infrequently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Control4 acquired E.V. - interesting. So does ExtraVegetables.com still sell drivers, or are all the drivers that ExtraVegetables used to sell now free of charge?

How does this affect Alan Chow and his distribution of his Chowmein Drivers via ExtraVegetables?

I'll do the update tonight and see if there's anything that blows my skirt up.

There's a good FAQ on the EV website that I think covered most questions.

It would be removed from the system completely - you would not be able to update the system until that's done.

No official use is supported in any way.

Perfect I'll just buy the newest 10.5 in wall that C4 offers, oh wait...

I'm curious as to why the change?  I get it being EOL'ed and everything but why not keep status quo?  Is 2.6 that different that it wouldn't be compatible anymore?  Could there not have been a big disclaimer when you update that the product is not supported and users use at there own risk?

Archived