C4 Forums | Control4

2.7 Thermostat Lower Temp Not Working on IE 7" Touchscreen

Just noticed after the upgrade that I can't lower the temperature for my thermostat (it's a honeywell with a house logix driver - worked well on 2.6). I can raise the temp, but can't lower it. And the slider around the ring doesn't work like it does on my iPhone either. Anyone else have these issues ? Dealer is going to look into it but thought I would see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Sounds like it is a browser-specific bug that Control4 will need to address (if they so choose). The last update to IE7 was 4-5 years ago, so it is a pretty "old" browser in the grand scheme of things.

I just tested that in IE7 and found the same issue though - so you're not alone!

I meant IE (infinity edge) touchscreen 7", not the actual Microsoft browser.

That makes way more sense! I was curious as to why someone would actually still use Internet Explorer 7.

Carry on!

In order to utilize the new OS2.7 Comfort interface, drivers need to be updated to use the new proxy.  Existing drivers should work correctly, however will show the previous interface.

If the House Logix drivers  are not functioning correctly after the update, you may need to contact House Logix.  They will contact us if they need assistance.

Paul Williams

VP Lighting & Comfort Products, Control4

Thanks CyKnight and Paul!!   My dealer is working on it.  Hopefully he gets it sorted out (although I don't use the TS's for thermostat much, its still nice to have the ability).  Cyknight - please do let me know what happens on your next update.  Will update when I find out more.

ISO apps update automatically CK

And Gary - yes this happened to me.  iOS I believe defaults to updating all apps automatically.  So didn't really even have a chance to stop the update.  Maybe in the future Control4 could release a whole new app that we would have to download manually and keep older apps in the app store in case we have to re-download for systems that are not running the latest version.  That would solve the problem (although I am usually eager to jump onto new releases - sometimes to my detriment :)

My apps don't auto - update, I don't let them :)

Normally I wouldn't let apps auto-update, but iOS is a major pain to keep up-to-date manually if you run a lot of apps.  And this is a phone, not my computer...I deal with enough of that crap on the numerous PCs in the house, so I don't care to also manage updates for everybody's phone in the house.

Really the app should be written to not break with that recent of a build (2.6).  And making a new app every time is not a good solution either.

Archived