C4 Forums | Control4

4K UHD Video Matrix from Control4

turls

^To what?  A used Toyota Corolla?  If you have to ask...

The stock ticker further down depressed me though.  Why I thought buying that stock would be cool is well beyond the four beers I had prior to pushing the buy button.

Let's get back on track here----

How does this release and its support of HDCP 2.2 relate to the current line up of controllers?

Will the current line of controllers have the firmware upgraded to 2.2, or will we have to replace them with new controllers?

HDCP 2.2 doesn't really have anything to do with the controllers unless you were hoping they would send the navigator screens in 4k.  That isn't going to happen with just a firmware update.  HDCP 2.2 only comes into play with your 4k sources and displays, not whats controlling them.  

Let's get back on track here----

How does this release and its support of HDCP 2.2 relate to the current line up of controllers?

Will the current line of controllers have the firmware upgraded to 2.2, or will we have to replace them with new controllers?

It affects nothing? 2.2 is still backward compatible and the controllers need no change whatsoever to work with it...

Archived