C4 Forums | Control4

HC800 crashing every 20 mins

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Great... so it is happening again!!!

Ok, so not only have I not even bothered to hook everything back up yet, but on top of that, I haven't really done ANY programming. There are no strange drivers, nothing extreme, or anything like that going on! 

It is a pretty plain jane C4 system right now, yet all of a sudden I come home and again (on a friday) my HC800 crashed! I can't get a connection to Director at all. 

I should add.. this time it is a bit different. I noticed my webnavigator this time instead of just crashing while loading the project, it says "This Device is not authenticated to work with your account". 
Also, the director isn't really losing a connection at all to composer. Last time, it woudl actually disconnect me. This time it stays connected but I have NO project at all. 

On top of that, all devices keep saying they are trying to load the project except for web navigator and my Windows 7 app (adobe air app). They both say "This device is not authenticated to work with your account". 

So weird and starting to drive me insane! 

I ran inspector, it says everything is running fine!

Perhaps your HC800 is FUBAR.

Bad RAM or something?

Yeah, that is definitely a possability. Bad ram I doubt, but could be an issue (rounded caps or weak ps or somn)

Just hoping that it isn't... I can't afford a new HC800 right now and my entire house is dependant on this thing. 

Do any of you guys LEAVE composer connected 24/7? I have a dedicated machine I use for composer, and I leave it connected 24/7. I am wondering if that could be causing some issues?

I got it going... no idea how... didn't really do anything. 

Do any of you guys LEAVE composer connected 24/7? I have a dedicated machine I use for composer, and I leave it connected 24/7. I am wondering if that could be causing some issues?

Only open composer when you need it

I do.  No apparent problems here.

Only open composer when you need it

Are there known issues with leaving it open? I have always left it open (24/7 for a couple of years now) without issue till recently. 

• 6 months later...

We are having the same issue with one of the jobs we are doing for 3 weeks it has been crashing every 30-40 minutes. We have replaced the HC800, we have 3 IO Extenders, 1 HC250 & over 80 Zigbee devices on the job. We have the cool master integration with Daikin, 2 Somfy RS485 devices & a swimming pool controller (aqua link )

can anyone shed some light on this, I'd appreciate any assistance 

Archived