C4 Forums | Control4

OS 2.8.1

THawes

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got mine working. Had to uninstall, reboot watch, and the uninstall reinstall a few times before it figured out whatever it needed. 

I got the 4sight errors too, but that seems to be related to connectivity issues on my watch. I think it had dropped to cell connection on my phone, so it wanted 4sight to permit the connection. Once I got my phone back on wifi, it came up and let me connect and use it. 

Pretty slick. There's a new things I would have done differently, but all in all it looks pretty nice. 

I have my home working on 2.8.1 as well as my watch.  It seems as if navigator runs much better on IOS devices.  I was at the release today in Indiana with Conrol4 and will say Control4 has really done a nice job with this update.

8 minutes ago, Joshua Pressnell said:

I finally got mine working. Had to uninstall, reboot watch, and the uninstall reinstall a few times before it figured out whatever it needed. 

I got the 4sight errors too, but that seems to be related to connectivity issues on my watch. I think it had dropped to cell connection on my phone, so it wanted 4sight to permit the connection. Once I got my phone back on wifi, it came up and let me connect and use it. 

Pretty slick. There's a new things I would have done differently, but all in all it looks pretty nice. 

The 2.8.1 'Read me' for dealers states the watch app requires the following:

OS 2.8.1+
4sight
Watch OS 2.1+

10 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

It's been stated, and explained, that it REQUIRES 4Sight to work, this due to being only a blutooth connection, therefore is seen as a 'remote' connection by default (which requires 4Sight)

That makes no sense. 

1) If my phone is on my local wifi network, the watch app works just fine. 

2) If I disable my phone's wifi, then the app on my phone tells me that I need 4sight and the app on my watch tells me I need 4sight. 

3) If I then re-enable wifi, shortly after my phone connects to my director and my watch app starts working again. 

4) Technically speaking, since WatchOS 2, the connection between watch and phone is not "only Bluetooth". The watch will connect to the phone via any wifi network and use the phone's wifi for network connectivity. It's even possible to use the phone from outside of Bluetooth range as long as both phone and watch are on known wifi networks. 

It's possible that the home office intended that 4sight be a requirement, but clearly from actual testing it is not. I personally hope they leave the current implementation alone, because I like the feature and I don't want to have to pay for 4sight to use it within my own home. 

8 minutes ago, Joshua Pressnell said:

Fair enough... And I didn't mean to be argumentative, if my post was taken that way. I'm a Dev and I tend to tinker with things before reading what the manuals tell me I should or shouldn't be able to do. 

No offense taken at all - just clarifying my 'source'

Archived