C4 Forums | Control4

OS 2.8.1

THawes

Reading through the release notes for 2.8.1, it looks like there are some nice changes in there. The OSD for one, and a bunch of updated proxies it sounds like. I see there are some slight changes to the iOS app as well (Watch icon updated as well as the AV device icons changed a bit).

Maybe I will be brave and update the system at home tonight.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Driver Changes - Beginning with OS 2.8.1, the Control4 interfaces have been updated to include a number of new default proxy icons, including cable, satellite, DVD, CD. Most of these new default proxy icons have been designed to appear more like generic set-top boxes. In addition, some “known” devices that were created and referenced specific icons added to the UIs some number of years ago have also been updated. These include Apple TV, PlayStation, Wii, and Xbo

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

Driver Changes - Beginning with OS 2.8.1, the Control4 interfaces have been updated to include a number of new default proxy icons, including cable, satellite, DVD, CD. Most of these new default proxy icons have been designed to appear more like generic set-top boxes. In addition, some “known” devices that were created and referenced specific icons added to the UIs some number of years ago have also been updated. These include Apple TV, PlayStation, Wii, and Xbo

With the release of OS 2.8.1 developers can now change standard AV based device icons to custom icons.  We have updated our Kodi Lite, Kodi Full, MySky and Fetch TV driver's to utilise this new functionality.  I'm sure other developers will start to do the same with everything else.

Did the 2.8.1 iOS app break anyone's ability to still use a VPN connection (wifi or cellular) and access the system?  Getting an error that my device is not authorized and I have to enter my customer C4 email and password.

8 minutes ago, Scrib said:

Did the 2.8.1 iOS app break anyone's ability to still use a VPN connection (wifi or cellular) and access the system?  Getting an error that my device is not authorized and I have to enter my customer C4 email and password.

8 minutes ago, chesterwilson said:

Remove the system from your ios app and then add it back.

This fixed my issue.  Thanks!

I was updated today and have to say - pretty slick UI enhancements!  

And loving the Apple Watch App!!! Whoever at C4 worked on that - job VERY well done!  It is exactly what I wanted in a native watch app.  Not too complicated, but very useful for Info/quick actions (which is all I really use the watch).

Two thing on my wish list:

- Update the Honeywell Vista ICM module to the new Security Proxy

- Update the iTunes/Airplay driver to support the new Media UI (and sync playlists, etc.)

I had the same problem this morning when I updated the Control4 app on my phone. Removing the account and re-adding it solved the problem, but is only a bit annoying because there are many accounts in there. Hopefully they'll address that with an app update; we shall see.

54 minutes ago, THawes said:

I had the same problem this morning when I updated the Control4 app on my phone. Removing the account and re-adding it solved the problem, but is only a bit annoying because there are many accounts in there. Hopefully they'll address that with an app update; we shall see.

Had to do the same thing - remove and re-login to the iOS app.  

Just now, Joshua Pressnell said:

My Apple Watch app is stuck on "System Setup - Please wait as we prepare to connect to your system".  I've left it there for quite some time and it still hasn't done anything.  Is there a trick to get it to come up properly?

Does the phone app connect to the system properly?

Archived