C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat choices

Control-IT

1 hour ago, Control-IT said:

The C4 one doesn't have any intelligence built in

What intelligence, being able to schedule for you? Meh. To each his own. 'Intelligence' to be used on more heating setups than almost any other? I'll take it ^_^

There's lots of options though.

Houselogix actually has a STACK of t-stat drivers they made themselves and still sell and support covering honeywell in particular.

We use Honeywell Wifi thermostats with the relevant HouseLogix driver.  The integration with C4 works reliably.  The Honeywell thermostats also have an Alexa skill that works fine, although I confess we rarely ever use that feature. 

As far as I can tell, there are many thermostats that integrate well with C4.  The best thing to do might be to figure out if your HVAC system prefers one brand of thermostat over another.  In our case, we had a Honeywell zone control board that works better with Honeywell thermostats.  Alternatively, if you have a furnace and compressor capable of continuously variable speeds, you will probably only get that full functionality if you use a thermostat that is the same brand as the HVAC equipment.  Or, if none of that applies, just find the one that looks the coolest to you.  Chances are it will work well with C4.

Archived