C4 Forums | Control4

Alarm system that integrates with Control4

Drepton

I asked my dealer about DSC Neo integration and he said that it would require the addition of some hardware that would allow the Neo to talk to the network.  I find this surprising because the Neo already talks to the network through my alarm.com app.  Did you have to install any additional hardware?

You'll need a ComIP module in the panel for the Texecom. They also do a ComWiFi module which you set up on the panel as if it's a ComIP, my theory is that aside from the wires not being there, that they talk the same language. Going to test the theory in the new year with the C4 Driver. 

I know one of the techies at Texecom UK quite well, so if any diffs I guess I can ask ;)

I have integrated a Texecom Premier Elite 24 panel into my Control4 system.

To the basic alarm panel, I have added a Texecom Com-Wifi module, to allow the Panel to connect to my Network.

I reserved a fixed IP address on my router for this.

I used the Texecom Premier driver, which was available on Control4 Composer to integrate this with my Control4 system.

I added each Zone PIR as a Motion Sensor in the system, so that I can trigger events like activating lighting scenes etc.

I can set my alarm from my Phone, or C4 Touchpanel etc.

It works well, no problems so far.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, msgreenf said:

I am partial to Vista

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not to hijack the thread but msgreenf, you said you like vista.  Are the tuxedo panels overkill for a C4 system?  What about the new Lyric product?  What control panel do you think works the best vista.

Also, swapping out old DSC system.  Previous integration with C4 not all that great.

12 hours ago, Glloyd77 said:

Not to hijack the thread but msgreenf, you said you like vista.  Are the tuxedo panels overkill for a C4 system?  What about the new Lyric product?  What control panel do you think works the best vista.

Also, swapping out old DSC system.  Previous integration with C4 not all that great.

What wasn’t great about the integration? Did you use one of the two Dsc drivers on DriverCentral?   I don’t know of basically anything they can’t do and the integration is fast and powerful

I did not use DSC drivers from driver central.  Started with poor installation which led to difficult integration.  Not necessarily blaming the DSC equipment and it probably would have performed better with the correct drivers.  Just an overall poor experience so moving to Honeywell.  Sometimes you just get a bad taste from a certain product and it is hard to get rid of.

Archived