C4 Forums | Control4

Will not connect to Composer HE

This (the ComposerHE issue) is being looked at.  I don't have a resolution at this time, but plan to post here when the resolution is available.

My understanding is that this is related to the Control4 certificate changeover, it appears something was missed somewhere for HE.

I apologize that you're all having issues with it.

RyanE

1 hour ago, RyanE said:

This (the ComposerHE issue) is being looked at.  I don't have a resolution at this time, but plan to post here when the resolution is available.

My understanding is that this is related to the Control4 certificate changeover, it appears something was missed somewhere for HE.

I apologize that you're all having issues with it.

RyanE

That would explain some things.  One of the first posts about this was a guy trying to use CPro and the pop-up was related to Composer License.  Those on HE see a different pop-up.  So there are two different patches for the certificate thing.  Obviously, the CPro patch works and the HE does not.

ComposerPro requires a login, in addition to validating the certificate, to ensure you're a valid ComposerPro user.

If  the dealer has logged in recently (last XX days), they don't need to login to Pro, they can just hit 'Escape' and it'll go right in.

Since the certificate changed, it required the dealer to do a login at least once.  I got hit with this today as well.

As HE doesn't require a dealer login, it only validates the certificate, which is a different error.

In any case, as previously mentioned, it's being looked at.

RyanE

12 hours ago, RyanE said:

ComposerPro requires a login, in addition to validating the certificate, to ensure you're a valid ComposerPro user.

If  the dealer has logged in recently (last XX days), they don't need to login to Pro, they can just hit 'Escape' and it'll go right in.

Since the certificate changed, it required the dealer to do a login at least once.  I got hit with this today as well.

As HE doesn't require a dealer login, it only validates the certificate, which is a different error.

In any case, as previously mentioned, it's being looked at.

RyanE

Dear RyanE:

Again thanks for your availability on this forum.  I would like to ask you for just slightly more information which would be very helpful in the particular situation I am in.  

Since I am out of the country for a bit, applying an update to my controller will be challenging (although possible).  Applying a software patch to Composer HE would be trivial.  I know that you cannot say for sure but based on your post and the other discussion it appears likely that any eventual fix will involve just a patch to Composer HE.  Do you think that indeed this is the likely eventual solution (without committing to certainty and without committing to exactly when)?  

If so then I won't need to do anything now and can wait patiently.  If a controller patch is going to be necessary I will need to make some (somewhat undesirable) arrangements for that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived