C4 Forums | Control4

Honeywell Wi-Fi/RedLINK/Evohome Thermostat - Driver Released

https://www.drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/climate-fan-fireplace/honeywell-wi-fi-thermostat/

Hello everyone,

We are very excited to release our next driver, Which is for the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort platform. This includes Honeywell Wi-Fi Thermostats as well as RedLINK.

image.png.a58cbe8b1bb19eee1f415a01216a38a3.png

Overview

Cinegration Development’s Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Driver allows customers with Honeywell Total Connect Comfort thermostats to control their home’s climate with their Control4 system. This gives customers the freedom to manage the temperature of the home from any room or while away. Keep the home cool in the summer and warm in the winter to the exact specified degree and schedule when the temperature changes throughout the day. No additional hardware is required to experience the complete customization that Control4 now allows for your Honeywell Total Connect Comfort thermostats!

Features

• Works with Honeywell Total Comfort Connect platform (Honeywell Wi-Fi/Redlink)
  • Supports Cinegration Trial and Showroom license
  • Install remotely, all you need is the honeywell account email and password
  • Uses latest Control4 thermostat interface
  • Fan Mode, HVAC Mode, Humidity Mode, Hold Mode
  • Outdoor temperature monitoring
  • Humidity monitoring
  • Supports Cinegration Trial and Showroom license

Requirements
This driver is compatible with Control4 2.9.1 or higher. A strong network connection is required to effectively utilize this driver. 

Disclaimer

This driver ONLY works with Honeywell Total Connect Comfort thermostats. This driver will not work with other Honeywell thermostat models.

FAQ

Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?

This driver can be used to control Honeywell Total Connect Comfort thermostats via a smartphone, tablet, or touchscreen in the Control4 app.

Which thermostats does this driver support?

The Honeywell TCC Driver supports all Honeywell Total Connect Comfort thermostats.

Does this driver work with all Honeywell thermostats?

No. The Honeywell TCC driver only works with Honeywell Total Connect Comfort thermostats. This driver does not work with Honeywell Lyric thermostats. 

How does scheduling work?

Currently, scheduling can be done in the Honeywell Thermostat and Composer – the ability to schedule in the Control4 app is coming! 

How is this unit controlled?

This unit is controlled via the cloud through the Total Connect Comfort username used when setting up the thermostat.

Where do I register my Honeywell TCC Hardware?

To register the hardware, go to: https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/

Where can I get support if I have an issue?

If you have questions or issues with the driver or integration, please go to https://help.drivercentral.io and submit a ticket.

Do you offer showroom discounts?
All Cinegration Development drivers support the DriverCentral showroom project.

Can I try this driver out before buying it?
All Cinegration Development drivers for Control4 come with a 7-day trial. Simply add the DriverCentral licensing driver along with this driver and you can fully test the driver before purchasing.

Driver is provided by Cinegration Development LLC.  All rights reserved.

Hey therockhr, 

We work full-time on these drivers and always struggle to find the right price to make people happy and to make the time spent on them worthwhile. We are always open to suggestions, what would you suggest the price be?

16 minutes ago, Cinegration said:

Hey therockhr, 

We work full-time on these drivers and always struggle to find the right price to make people happy and to make the time spent on them worthwhile. We are always open to suggestions, what would you suggest the price be?

It would be ignorant for me to give a price since I don't have any idea of the costs or potential revenues you plan on trying to make from this driver. I have mentioned before that I think Control4 should be making more drivers in house and/or contracting out companies to make them and then include them with the system

$225 bucks for a thermostat driver is something I am not interested in. That is more than I paid for both thermostats.But honestly, I am not your target audience anyway so I would not worry about it.

As a side note, we license per Control4 project. So with that being said you can use one license for as many thermostats as you want on your account.

In fact, we just had someone use our new driver with 21 thermostats with just one license. So if you think about it the one license is a pretty good deal.

Also, any criticism is good criticism. We lowered the MSRP to $200.

Thanks

Hi, I have bought the Honeywell thermostat driver from Houselogix and it is not working very well. Once in a while it stops working or reporting weird temperatures. I wanted to know how Cinegration's driver is better and hopefully move drivers because I can't seem to get in touch with houselogix and cannot find the driver in their website anymore for updates, and I have heard Cinegration drivers have been better for other stuff as well.

Hey nyarjun,

I think you will find that our driver is more stable, we developed it for Control4's newer framework and will continue to support and update our driver. We offer a 7-day free trial on our drivers so I welcome you to try it.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello

I need a refresh of information please on this Red Link Stuff

I have done it before, but I don't recall some of it.

Okay so I have a customer installing Mitsubishi System.

The AC Installer would be installing the MHK1 Wireless Thermostat for Each unit (Total about 12 Units), ( From what I understand these are just remote controls that reports the current temperature from the AC Unit Itself.)

Large House with few floors.

0So I understand we can use the Red Link Honeywell Gateway to get these units to appear on C4.

How Do they work? What type of Wireless? If I remember I would like need one in each room?

• 7 months later...

James, yes your will be able to use the MHK1 thermostats.  Each Redlink gateway can support 4 thermostats, so you will need at least 3 gateways.  Redlink is a proprietary wireless protocol developed by Honeywell (originally for their security systems).  You'll find the range to be better than WiFi and you don't have to worry about more traffic competing with WiFi devices.  If you have any conventional systems on the house you can connect them with VisionPRO 8000 or Prestige 24 volt thermostats and you will be able to put them on the same app/account as the MHK1s.

So, I had this exact debate with my dealer today.

I have 3 tstats in my home. All 3 of which were previously TCC Honeywells. For reasons totally unrelated to C4, i recently changed the 2 main floor units to ecobees with sensors to help balance temp a bit better. When I asked my dealer what the cost would be to integrate all 3 into C4... I'll just say it was a very small number for the ecobees, and a very large number for the Honeywell because of the price of the driver. In fact, I can change the 3rd tstat to an ecobee and get it installed into C4 for less than the cost of just the honeywell driver. 

Not trying to beat anyone up... Just stating some facts to give perspective. Sure, the customers who have a boat load of honeywells may find this a great deal. But, just giving the other side of the coin. 

5 minutes ago, g8rfn2 said:

So, I had this exact debate with my dealer today.

I have 3 tstats in my home. All 3 of which were previously TCC Honeywells. For reasons totally unrelated to C4, i recently changed the 2 main floor units to ecobees with sensors to help balance temp a bit better. When I asked my dealer what the cost would be to integrate all 3 into C4... I'll just say it was a very small number for the ecobees, and a very large number for the Honeywell because of the price of the driver. In fact, I can change the 3rd tstat to an ecobee and get it installed into C4 for less than the cost of just the honeywell driver. 

Not trying to beat anyone up... Just stating some facts to give perspective. Sure, the customers who have a boat load of honeywells may find this a great deal. But, just giving the other side of the coin. 

That's because Control4 took over the driver for Ecobee and made it free.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.