C4 Forums | Control4

T3 Failure Rate

AndyRW

I have a system with 3 x T3 panels and over a two year period have had a 100% failure rate on these. Is that typical?

One failed completely and would even start. Another had to be replaced because the bottom part of the touch screen stopped responding (the new replacement then also failed very quickly and had to be replaced again). Now I have another panel (the only one so far that hadn't failed!) and the top part of the touch screen has stopped responding.

All so far been replaced free of charge but not particularly impressive for a 'professional' system.

Has anyone else had this issue or is it just me?

18 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I have not seen this.  Is this the portable or in-wall T3?

They are all portable 7" units. They haven't been thrown around or abused in any way and sit in their charging station all the time.

2 minutes ago, AndyRW said:

They are all portable 7" units. They haven't been thrown around or abused in any way and sit in their charging station all the time.

just in my personal home, I have had 1 of them on my nightstand for about a year and a half and haven't experienced any problems.

Doesn’t sound normal.  I have 4 T3s but they are all In-Wall.  I got 2 of them as the T3s came out and the other 2 a year or so later.  None of them has failed per se although I had to replace one of them because someone knocked the screen when carrying furniture passed and broke the glass.

I have had this exact issue.  I have two in-wall touch screens and two tabletop touch screens.  I had to replace one of the tabletop screens due to the top of the touch screen becoming unresponsive, and I just sent back the replacement because the bottom half became unresponsive.  Just like the OP, my touch screens sit in their cradle all day.  (Interestingly, the other tabletop touch screen has been fine for a year and a half, so there is obviously variance.)

• 3 years later...

Yes! I have 3 of the T3 in wall 10” screens and literally all of them have failed. One I was able to get replaced free (although I had to fight with C4 about it) and another I had to pay for a new backbox to get replaced (somehow that went bad). Now, the third T3 has issues with parts of the screen being completely unresponsive.

I’m not saying electronics should last forever, but clearly something is wrong with these devices. They don’t have always on screens, and honestly, really don’t even get touched or used all that much, so they shouldn’t be going bad at this rate.

C4 really needs to step up to the plate on these items. It certainly sounds like this is a pattern based on other accounts here, which is not at all surprising to me.

I love my c4 system, but issues like this are unacceptable in my opinion at the price point of c4. These devices aren’t being driven hard, so there really is no excuse for them not lasting longer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.