C4 Forums | Control4

OS2.10.4

32 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

It's been purposely removed - they stopped allowing direct log-in for when-then (which is what that was intended for) as there were some issues (don't remember the details on what, sorry)

Shame they didn’t  just remove the When > Then if there were problems with that piece of functionality.

is there another way for me to check if the cpu has gone up if and when my system goes haywire? SNMP?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

When-then is not intended to be a full programming feature, indeed meant to be limited to simple functionality. That's what ComposeHE is for.

I get that it’s a simple wysiwyg setup for end users, but a simple “if” statement is a basic requirement.  I guess it can at least be used to change which light a button turns on.

i have already mentioned HE to my installer but don’t intend to purchase it until the installer has managed to complete / resolve all the initial issues / bugs.

30 minutes ago, GadgetBazza said:

Shame they didn’t  just remove the When > Then if there were problems with that piece of functionality.

is there another way for me to check if the cpu has gone up if and when my system goes haywire? SNMP?

Not that I'm aware of at this time

25 minutes ago, GadgetBazza said:

I get that it’s a simple wysiwyg setup for end users, but a simple “if” statement is a basic requirement.  I guess it can at least be used to change which light a button turns on.

i have already mentioned HE to my installer but don’t intend to purchase it until the installer has managed to complete / resolve all the initial issues / bugs.

WHEN-THEN was setup to be a very simple method of giving the most basic user some control. Those that cant 'deal' with HE. 'Simple IF statements' have ALWAYS been available for HE users. I believe you're viewing the C4  when-then implementation the wrong way, as a user programming setup similar to HE  - and this is part of why I had mixed feelings on the whole when-then thing was introduced.

As for buying HE: While I appreciate wanting a dealer to work out issues before adding things on - HE is really a stand-alone program for your own use, I do not see why you'd hold off on that in that light. Of course I cannot judge your project and dealings so perhaps there is more 'concern' going on there.

20 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

WHEN-THEN was setup to be a very simple method of giving the most basic user some control. Those that cant 'deal' with HE. 'Simple IF statements' have ALWAYS been available for HE users. I believe you're viewing the C4  when-then implementation the wrong way, as a user programming setup similar to HE  - and this is part of why I had mixed feelings on the whole when-then thing was introduced.

As for buying HE: While I appreciate wanting a dealer to work out issues before adding things on - HE is really a stand-alone program for your own use, I do not see why you'd hold off on that in that light. Of course I cannot judge your project and dealings so perhaps there is more 'concern' going on there.

Your view is probably correct regarding When > Then.  I wasn't aware what it's intention was, any cross over (or lack of) with HE (or anything else) but as an un-educated end user, my default assumption was that you can do something useful with it, just that my interpretation of useful was somewhat higher than When > Then is intended for.  Given the remit you've indicated, I guess it works and fulfils it and it just goes to confirm that it's not for me and that I will want to go down the HE route.

The dealer has been really helpful so far, in fact, whenever I suggest why I might want to do something in HE, they typically go ahead and do it for me.  But once everything is dusted and I get to grips with the capability we have bought into, I will want to add programming of my own.

7 hours ago, GadgetBazza said:

Your view is probably correct regarding When > Then.  I wasn't aware what it's intention was, any cross over (or lack of) with HE (or anything else) but as an un-educated end user, my default assumption was that you can do something useful with it, just that my interpretation of useful was somewhat higher than When > Then is intended for.  Given the remit you've indicated, I guess it works and fulfils it and it just goes to confirm that it's not for me and that I will want to go down the HE route.

The dealer has been really helpful so far, in fact, whenever I suggest why I might want to do something in HE, they typically go ahead and do it for me.  But once everything is dusted and I get to grips with the capability we have bought into, I will want to add programming of my own.

Definitely worth you getting HE then.  With HE you can program anything your dealer can.  The only thing you really cannot do is add devices or drivers.

On 9/10/2018 at 6:38 PM, dcovach said:

Currently you need to have a US Amazon Prime subscription for the C4 Amazon prime music driver to work.  I think it works in the UK....?  I'm in Canada but have both US and Canada Prime subscriptions so it works for me.  Hopefully C4 and Amazon can make this work for clients from other countries too.

How did you make this work.

I had a second copy of the driver installed. Signed in using my .com (prime) credentials yet the driver still shoes me in Canada.

I am in the States right now so no need for VPN either. ??

----PARAMS----

ROOMID = 14

NAVID = c4-A0D30F9E-ECE2-490E-8060-901CDB69A985

LOCALE = en-CA

SEQ = 35

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I’m trying to add Amazon music. I have an ea-3 and latest OS. The app is installed and I logged in. I can select Amazon Music through the control4 app and select play. It looks like it’s playing but I have no sound. Receiver changes to correct input but says no signal. This makes me believe no signal is coming out of the digital coax from the EA-3. Does the digital coax need to be enabled somehow on the EA-3? Already swapped the optical coax cable once so I don’t think it is a cable issue.
Thanks!
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived