C4 Forums | Control4

Subwoofer choice

My experience with Monoprice gear after all these years ... it’s pure junk, zero durability and you get what you pay for ... I only use passive hardware and cables connectors, etc!

1 hour ago, Amr said:

My experience with Monoprice gear after all these years ... it’s pure junk, zero durability and you get what you pay for ... I only use passive hardware and cables connectors, etc!

But do you actually have experience with the Monolith?  Or are you just assuming it's junk because it's brand?

It actually has very good reviews and is known to be an excellent sub for the money.

No I don’t have experience with the Mono, am just telling you my general experience with the brand.  The last transaction I experienced after a fairly good review of their 8x8 Video Matrix was really bad, the device lasted less than 3 days before it’s completely dead and their support is as trash as their equipment.

I agree that $600 is indeed a justifiable amount to save but I would rather spend a bit more for a set-it and forget-it kind of equipment. Of course shit happens and devices do fail, but a well made equipment have a very less likelihood to fail faster.

It’s just my 2 cents ...

On 4/21/2019 at 4:37 PM, Control-IT said:

Looking at a Monoprice Monlith vs SVS.  Both ported 12".  Monoprice is about $600 less and online reviews look positive.  

If you want to consider a low price line at least look at:

https://www.parts-express.com/bic-formula-f-12-12-475-watt-subwoofer--303-436

That BIC unit performs well.

The Dayton units also perform well, but I've had some of the plates burn out.

Archived