C4 Forums | Control4

T3 portable touch screens OS3.0

CTO

Anyone having issues with T3 touch screens the portables.. I have 2 10" tabletops that do not respond now.. restart it works then it loses connection and tries to connect again. It's hardwired so there should be no loss of connection.. any one else having issues

I can't even go into settings and try and factory reset because the buttons don't respond.  I can't turn wifi on either.  Once it connects via dock station it loads then you can't touch any buttons except intercom then you can't even touch a room.  anyone else with this issue

yeah seriously.. I wouldn't have upgraded.. this new update didn't really add anything that I needed..  I was good with the previous OS.. It worked..  Now stuff doesn't work.. So Ridiculous

I hope they have an update soon..  This is going to drive me crazy not being about to use these touch screens..  I guess I might need to look into a different system if this isn't fixed soon

3 hours ago, appliedautomation said:

The known issue with more than 6 screens is to do with intercom calls. 

Sounds like you’ve got hardware issues. 

What is this? No testing before an RC release? Or they have info that its only a small % of users will be impacted and major IB does not have more than 3 screens?  I just wonder, was this a rushed release or a post-acquisition must do?!

9 hours ago, CTO said:

OK I have 5 in wall and 4 portable units

Reduce the number to 3 and see if ur issues will improve, then u will wait for a fix to add back your screens!  I will refrain from any upgrade till dust settle down, the only company I rush for its upgrades is Apple, although not like old days, still they have a better control over their releases and they issue fixes quickly ...

Reduce the number to 3 and see if ur issues will improve, then u will wait for a fix to add back your screens!  I will refrain from any upgrade till dust settle down, the only company I rush for its upgrades is Apple, although not like old days, still they have a better control over their releases and they issue fixes quickly ...
Control4 is targeting an intercom fix in 2 weeks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hey @CTO, we certainly tested with OS3 on multiple systems with more than 6 T3s, including my own (2 portables, 5 in-walls) and I’m not aware of any issues with intercom or anything else.

It does sound like you have something else going on.  Have you contacted your dealer since the update?

Hey [mention=137446]CTO[/mention], we certainly tested with OS3 on multiple systems with more than 6 T3s, including my own (2 portables, 5 in-walls) and I’m not aware of any issues with intercom or anything else.
It does sound like you have something else going on.  Have you contacted your dealer since the update?
Go read this kb. The intercom issue is #1 known issue. https://dealer.control4.com/knowledgebase/article/2751

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

If you’ve got a section of the touch screen that is not responding to touch, even when it’s not connected to a system, then there is a hardware issue with the actual touch screen in the screen. 

The section is usually horizontal and goes all the way across the screen. Seen it before, including one of my own. 

but its with every portable unit in my project. 6 to be exact and 5 in walls all seem to work.  Everything worked before the Update that's all I can say..  I wish they never updated my project.

Can you use the older portable units still?  or does this not work with the new OS3 update?  I have one it seems to work, just the gui is still the same.  would this create any conflict?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.