C4 Forums | Control4

White VS Snow White

In my current home, I have 90% legacy lighting products in “Light Almond”. I have a few keypad dimmers and fan speed controllers, and I’m fairly certain those are in the color “biscuit”.

For the new house, we are going with white. I’m wrestling right now with “white” vs “Snow White”. I guess what I’m wanting confirmation on - were the legacy lighting products all the satin finish? I’m curious what people are using (gloss vs satin) and if there are any perceived pros/cons. 

Thanks in advance. 

+1000 for snow white.

The regular white is glossy and reflect light in weird ways. It also attracts finger prints way more.

Snow white is a Matte finish and not glossy or reflective at all. Fingerprints show up way less on Snow White.

Go with Snow White.

The only problem with Snow White is that it’s almost required to use C4 faceplates to get them to match the switches - and it won’t match your wall plugs. I couldn’t find anything else that would match snow white, including lutron snow white (the color seemed right but the texture was noticeably more “grainy” and looked cheap.)

I don’t like the weird sculpted curve of the C4 faceplates. 

Matching the wall plugs was s bigger issue. I have Eaton decora screwless plugs throughout. Gloss white was the only option available at the local lighting distributor - and I probably from Eaton in general. I think the Eaton decora screwless plates  look great on both the plugs and C4 gloss switches. 

I have a mix of gloss white and snow white. While I like Snow White better by themselves, I’m switching all keypad buttons to gloss white to match everything else in the house. 

16 minutes ago, WhyPhy said:

The only problem with Snow White is that it’s almost required to use C4 faceplates to get them to match the switches - and it won’t match your wall plugs. I couldn’t find anything else that would match snow white, including lutron snow white (the color seemed right but the texture was noticeably more “grainy” and looked cheap.)

I don’t like the weird sculpted curve of the C4 faceplates. 

Matching the wall plugs was s bigger issue. I have Eaton decora screwless plugs throughout. Gloss white was the only option available at the local lighting distributor - and I probably from Eaton in general. I think the Eaton decora screwless plates  look great on both the plugs and C4 gloss switches. 

I have a mix of gloss white and snow white. While I like Snow White better by themselves, I’m switching all keypad buttons to gloss white to match everything else in the house. 

Interesting. They’re far enough away from the outlets that I don’t think that would matter but maybe it does? I’ve already got a half dozen keypad dimmers and a few fan speed controllers in WHITE that I’ve bought opportunistically, and was planning on just buying a color change kit. I won’t have any areas where C4 lighting and non-C4 lighting are in the same box, and was planning to use C4’s faceplates. 

This is something to think about and consider though. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, ILoveC4 said:

Interesting. They’re far enough away from the outlets that I don’t think that would matter but maybe it does?

This is something to think about and consider though. Thank you. 

The plugs and switches having different styles and finishes is not something people will notice when they walk into your house, but if you’re like me, it’s all you see once it’s in your brain. For what it’s worth, my wife said “you’re right about the plug plates matching the switch plates - it does look better.” Also, she really disliked the curved C4 plate design  

I think the aesthetic of having matching-design plates on plugs and switches is a bigger impact than having the finishes all match. I other words, snow white switches in gloss white plates or gloss plugs in snow white plates isn’t as big of a deal, so long as the plate styles match  

Availably is the other strike against Snow White. If you’re looking to opportunistically pick up used, gloss white is widely available and snow white is very hard to find. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.