C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE 3.1 / Windows 7

Just updated to 3.1 all working great except Composer HE 3.1 will not load the project. Says unable to connect to 192.168.1.182 and that is the proper address.

My installer says that he had the same problem with another project. Anybody running HE 3.1 on Windows 7.

1) never upgrade on a Friday

2) old operating systems with newer applications .... ?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, mallom said:

I believe Win7 is no longer supported.

Does this actually mean will not work .....?  I know I had used XP for composer long after it was not supported.

Just don't want to spend $200 for windows 10 that only use for composer if I don't have to. Being a Mac guy.

13 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Don't think Win7 was dropped, though it wouldn't' be overly surprising it it was, or will be in the near future. Just about a decade old now.

Plus, win7 won't be supported by Microsoft next year....

Thanks Windows 10 here I come ....ughhh

8 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Keen to know what the answer was. I am using Windows 7 (no problems yet)

Didn't find the answer and screwing around with windows brought back too many memories  I don't care to revisit.

Broke down and went Windows 10 ..... on //'s ver15. Works great I have to say. This was an added cost to my DIY upgrade to 3.1

I have an HC 800 and an older C4 touch screen that is not supported, so I replaced it with a Kindle Fire, pretty slick.

Used the POE injector from original screen with a splitter. Have ordered a 90 degree connector to tidy up the connection.

kindle.JPG

• 4 months later...
On 10/4/2019 at 4:48 PM, prabeau said:

Just updated to 3.1 all working great except Composer HE 3.1 will not load the project. Says unable to connect to 192.168.1.182 and that is the proper address.

My installer says that he had the same problem with another project. Anybody running HE 3.1 on Windows 7.

1) never upgrade on a Friday

2) old operating systems with newer applications .... ?

Thanks

See my solution here:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.