C4 Forums | Control4

C4 OS3.1 App

Good morning forum members.

Is there a setting to allow the app to stay connected to the system longer? Seems as though my App is only staying connected briefly before it has to reload the system. Not the worst thing ever, just a little bothersome.

Also, I’ve been reading so many posts regarding the time it takes to load 3.1. I’ve been blaming it on my crappy network issues. Just wanting to see if it’s a known issue. A lot of you posted how fast 3.1 loaded, but others complained of it taking too long.

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 1:37 PM, time2jet said:

Good morning forum members.

Is there a setting to allow the app to stay connected to the system longer? Seems as though my App is only staying connected briefly before it has to reload the system. Not the worst thing ever, just a little bothersome.

Also, I’ve been reading so many posts regarding the time it takes to load 3.1. I’ve been blaming it on my crappy network issues. Just wanting to see if it’s a known issue. A lot of you posted how fast 3.1 loaded, but others complained of it taking too long.

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have posted about this in another track

same issue. Intranet startup on iOS 14.1.2 and iOS 3.1 takes 2-3 seconds.

on 4sight it takes about 60-80 seconds!

no fix yet 

I am reliably told that there are new servers being installed (and this will be done before the end of Q1 2020) which will significantly improve the speed in South Africa.

That said, 60 to 80 seconds sounds excessive even for South Africa.  I have 2 large projects... One in Johannesburg and one in Zimbali (just outside Durban).  I have just timed log in to both and it felt slower than usual (probably purely because I was timing things) and both took 25 to 30 seconds to log in remotely.  2 seconds locally.

On 10/27/2019 at 2:12 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

I am reliably told that there are new servers being installed (and this will be done before the end of Q1 2020) which will significantly improve the speed in South Africa.

That said, 60 to 80 seconds sounds excessive even for South Africa.  I have 2 large projects... One in Johannesburg and one in Zimbali (just outside Durban).  I have just timed log in to both and it felt slower than usual (probably purely because I was timing things) and both took 25 to 30 seconds to log in remotely.  2 seconds locally.

Thanks for that info. I notice a 30-40 second delay to splash page and another 20-30 seconds until it populates the icons. My connection  is fibre 100/100mbs with 2ms local latency. 

my intranet connection time is 1-3 seconds. 

The timings are similar using my vpn which is hosted by my isp 

the whole issue of geographical location that msgreenf brought up doesn’t make sense to me  -the difference between latency to usa and local for me is 200ms vs 2 ms - should be hardly noticeable (1/5th of a second !)

10 minutes ago, Anish said:

Thanks for that info. I notice a 30-40 second delay to splash page and another 20-30 seconds until it populates the icons. My connection  is fibre 100/100mbs with 2ms local latency. 

my intranet connection time is 1-3 seconds. 

The timings are similar using my vpn which is hosted by my isp 

the whole issue of geographical location that msgreenf brought up doesn’t make sense to me  -the difference between latency to usa and local for me is 200ms vs 2 ms - should be hardly noticeable (1/5th of a second !)

In SA, we don’t go straight to C4 servers in the USA.  I am not quite sure why and whether the in between servers are C4 servers or Amazon servers as this is all hosted on AWS but I do know that C4 locally have said that servers are being replaced and we will see a big improvement (as SA users) in the first quarter of 2020.

48 minutes ago, Anish said:

ok lets see what @jakblak from Control4 has to say.  I am pretty sure his answer is going to be very similar to mine as I was paraphrasing his previous replies on the subject.

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

ok lets see what @jakblak from Control4 has to say.  I am pretty sure his answer is going to be very similar to mine as I was paraphrasing his previous replies on the subject.

When last I checked with @jakblak about a week ago , it was a ‘work in progress’ 

On 10/29/2019 at 8:41 PM, msgreenf said:
On 10/29/2019 at 8:26 PM, South Africa C4 user said:
Which ties in with what Mitch said...

It's almost like I reported facts. You can say you don't believe them. But the facts are the facts

Just updated to iOS 13.2 and latest rendition of c4 app. My 4sight is appreciably faster. 15 seconds to ready. Intranet still about 2-3 seconds 

@jakblak  thanks - you’ve produced the goods...

20 hours ago, Anish said:

Just updated to iOS 13.2 and latest rendition of c4 app. My 4sight is appreciably faster. 15 seconds to ready. Intranet still about 2-3 seconds 

@jakblak  thanks - you’ve produced the goods...

Thanks @Anish but I can't take any of the credit, it was my team that made the speed improvements and bug fixes.  While we have made progress, there is still work to be done both within the app and within our infrastructure and services to increase speed even more .  These additional changes are in progress but will take a little while to roll out since they require work and coordination between multiple teams.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.