C4 Forums | Control4

Fios TV One Cable Box

Hi guys. Has any had experience adding the new Fios Tv One box to Control 4? The box is defaulted to use RF but there is a IR on the front of the box, and an option to insert a IR extender. The remote looks like it can emit IR but I am not 100 percent sure. I tried using the old Fios driver, which didn't work. I also tried creating a driver in the driver wizard, but it didn't seem to be picking up any IR signals.

Let me know your thoughts. Attached is the link for the cable box https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/stb-dvr/fios-tv-one

Thank you

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 8.59.23 PM.png

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I've been holding off on switching over to the new FIOS boxes out of fear of breaking/ruining my integration.  I have two older ARRIS boxes, the "large" one and a "satellite" and they both use an IR bud to integrate.  Performance with the ARRIS boxes has slowed significantly in the last 6 months so I may have to upgrade.   Can someone who has converted answer a couple of quick questions:

1. please confirm that the IR Buds are no longer needed with the FIOS TV One boxes. 

2. Do I also have to convert to the new FIOS router? (I have the Actiontec router and it seems to work fine.  I have wifi switched off in favor of using WAPS

3. How smooth did the conversion go, any nightmares getting correct drivers installed?

4.  How is response time on the new boxes?

5.  Any remote programmers (@msgreenf) able to help me with the conversion?

Thanks everyone!

Yes, looking to upgrade my FIOS boxes to the new FIOS TV One boxes, but concerned about potential bugs or compatibility issues with C4.  Feels like an easy swap but just not sure.  Integration with existing ARRIS boxes was really just an IR bud from each box to my EA controller.  From what I gather the new boxes at least have an IR port on the back.

Thanks, again.

• 6 months later...
15 hours ago, Topfox said:

I don't think the new ones actually power off as much as they go into Stand By.  So when you turn on it is always at the Splash screen of something they are trying to sell on on demand.

At least thats what the 7 boxes I have do.

Does it go into the Standby screen when you kill the session / Room Off? 

I am not able to do either...

Use Motorola qip6416 has all the functions for the fios one boxes, obviously you still need an ir emitter on the tiny window for Control4 to interact with it. Sometimes you have to edit the driver for how many counts it does for a few buttons, to check if you do, just go into on demand and see if you’re double jumping. You can also assign color buttons even though the fios one remote doesn’t have them. 

On 2/1/2022 at 2:59 AM, AshMania said:

Does it go into the Standby screen when you kill the session / Room Off? 

I am not able to do either...

I will double check mine again for you and let you know to ensure mine is actually moving it to standby through remote vs maybe a timeout in the fios box settings. 

On 2/2/2022 at 11:08 PM, Topfox said:

I will double check mine again for you and let you know to ensure mine is actually moving it to standby through remote vs maybe a timeout in the fios box settings. 

Mine does revert to that standby screen after some time (I think a few hours of inactivity) - but I would like to know if there is a way to make it power off or not send a signal on command via the C4 driver (ideally via the Room Off event or worst case via programming - which is also not working for me).

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.