C4 Forums | Control4

IR ports on EA5

g8rfn2

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me where / how the different IR ports are mapped to certain tv's / rooms within Composer? Perhaps it's something I just can't see in HE? I have all the ports in use and think i may have flipped 2 of them accidentally after I rewired some other stuff in the rack. But, I don't see where I can see what number goes to what room?

Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me where / how the different IR ports are mapped to certain tv's / rooms within Composer? Perhaps it's something I just can't see in HE? I have all the ports in use and think i may have flipped 2 of them accidentally after I rewired some other stuff in the rack. But, I don't see where I can see what number goes to what room?

Hi

You’ll need composer pro or a dealer to check this for you.

If you want PM me and I can take a look for you

Thanks
M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of my pet peeves - why not have read only access to connections like IR, audio, video, etc in Composer HE?  Same thing with light switches/dimmers bound to keypads.  Why keep end users in the dark on this when some of this information can be crucial to programming your own system in Composer HE?  Same thing with IP addresses of devices - why not show what C4 is using for IP addresses to help you troubleshoot something like an IP address that got changed?  You can see the IP address and change this in some drivers - for example for a Hue bridge. In some drivers you can see but not change - like in the HTI Roku driver.  In other drivers and/or C4 connections you are totally in the dark.

At least with audio zones on Matrix amps you can see the zone name in the Monitoring tab on Composer HE - where it shows Output Settings - Output Zone 1 (Office) or whatever.

Well some of the other things I don't like but I can understand if they are going to stick with the dealer model.  After over a decade of griping I have given up on that.

But not letting you easily see the connections made in your system - that I do not understand.

I suspect it's mainly because ComposerHE was never really 'designed' as a product.

It's a hack to make Composer Pro available for homeowners.  It was made by just disabling certain entire screens.  To make them 'read only' is a bit more work, and HE doesn't have a very large user base and certainly isn't a profit center for Control4.  I'm glad Control4 has made it available, and continues to, but it's not likely it's going to get an overhaul.

I agree that it'd be nice to have the info available, and would help HE users know how things are setup, but unfortunately, I just don't see it as being much of a priority.

Sorry.

RyanE

3 hours ago, RyanE said:

I suspect it's mainly because ComposerHE was never really 'designed' as a product.

It's a hack to make Composer Pro available for homeowners.  It was made by just disabling certain entire screens.  

Hacks are never good. :D
Control4 should just make Pro available for anyone willing to license it. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.