C4 Forums | Control4

Slow Wifi

Hi to all,

I have the Pakedge router and two access points installed in the basement  and on the second level. Lately, I found that my wifi is very slow. With the speedtest, it'a around 15-20 mbps and with cable it's around 450 mps. Is there something wrong with Pakedge router and access points? Is there any wifi repeater or extender for Pakedge router/access points?

Thank you!

Ian

Hi Ian, 

Firstly I would check to see if there are firmware updates available on any of the pakedge devices? 

Secondly check the channels you are using for WiFi most likely the current channel you are on is too crowded and you'll have to move the access points to a different one. 

Thirdly, its a bit cliche, but if your devices have been on for a long time and simple power off leave for a few minutes and turn it back on can remedy a lot of issues. 

Yes, you can add in more access points if you wish. 

Let me know how you get on / if you need any assistance with any of this 

Thanks 

Muj

Hi to all,

My wired speed is around 400 mps tested on speedtest. By the way, in my office, I put a D-LINK switch connected to an Apple Airport Extreme to create another Wifi Network for my outside living area. I don't know if it affects the Pakedge Network?

My C4 dealer came to my house this summer to optimize my C4 to system and to fix the problem but it's still there.

I'm a C4 newbie, can somebody show me what to do step by step? I have Composer HE but I have no idea how that works...

Thanks!

Ian

8 minutes ago, IAN1975 said:

Hi to all,

My wired speed is around 400 mps tested on speedtest. By the way, in my office, I put a D-LINK switch connected to an Apple Airport Extreme to create another Wifi Network for my outside living area. I don't know if it affects the Pakedge Network?

My C4 dealer came to my house this summer to optimize my C4 to system and to fix the problem but it's still there.

I'm a C4 newbie, can somebody show me what to do step by step? I have Composer HE but I have no idea how that works...

Thanks!

Ian

What is the ISP speed you pay for?  

An additional switch hooked up to an Airport should not impact the Pakedge network unless the Airport is set as a router. Additional Wifi may cause Wifi signal problems if not setup correctly.

Does the "problem" exist if you remove your added network devices? 

What did your dealer do to resolve the "problem"?  Regardless of my feelings about Pakedge, it's fully configurable and there are support lines for that dealer if he is in over his head. Users shouldn't be trying to solve a Pakedge network. It defeats the purpose. 

• 2 weeks later...

Since you said you're getting 400+ on the wired connections, there's a simple approach to check your wireless.

Unplug all the access points. Then one at a time connect them and check your speeds.  This should remove any chance of interference between the access points. Since there throughout the house, there should be various results.

And just to double check, all the access points are hardwired to the switch that gets 400+???

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.