C4 Forums | Control4

How is OS 3.2.0 so far?

jfh

What are people’s experiences so far with 3.2?

Notice any issues or annoying bugs?

Anything noticeably improved from 3.1.3?  Are the announcement bugs fixed?

I know it’s early but wanted to see how the early adopters are doing ... I suspect I’ll get upgraded soon (have a Chime coming), but it seems like the Chime and T4s are the major reasons to upgrade.

I started typing this a few hours ago and was going to say that it feels more stable (bug free) than 3.1.3 but not as free of bugs as 3.1.2 which was very much bug free.  I only realized the last couple of points in this post in the last few hours and so they may change my view slightly.

There are a few new bugs in the enhanced History Agent (but nothing serious).

The screensaver bug (where screensavers vanish from Composer in certain setups after a couple of days and so cannot be accessed in Composer / backed up without a reboot) but still work just fine, is still there.

Announcements - everything seems to work fine although I have not looked to see if the delays have improved back to previous levels as I recalibrated (lengthened delays) to allow for the issues in OS3.1.3.

I haven’t noticed anything else that bugs me and I have been fiddling a lot this week.

A few really old bugs seem to have sorted themselves out.  For instance, the HasSpa variable on the 7 or 8 year old Pentair IntelliTouch driver used to reset every time the controller was rebooted.  This seems to have been fixed.  As the driver has not changed, this must be an incedental result of some other change but is great for me!

I realized 2 additional bugs this morning (on my system, so probably don’t happen to everyone) which are more serious:

1. I have twice (once just after updating and once this morning) refreshed navigators and found all of my T3s hanging and needing to be power cycled (or the director rebooted) - if this is going to happen every time I refresh navigators it will become very irritating.

2. Seems to be a fair number of bugs in the iOS intercom setup (may be more than just iOS), examples include:

- incoming calls from the DS2 being identified on my phone (intercom anywhere) as from another device (a T3 in each case that I have seen this).  This I have seen 3 or 4 times from both my houses in the last few days but only realized today that I am not being silly and misreading, but rather this really is happening.

- when in monitoring mode, a T3 is still receiving video and sound from my iPhone (which it shouldn’t) - this despite the fact that the iPhone indicates that neither video nor audio is being sent and the monitoring mode icon is appearing as it should.  I have not tested this T3 to T3 but guess the same problem is probably there.

29 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

1. I have twice (once just after updating and once this morning) refreshed navigators and found all of my T3s hanging and needing to be power cycled (or the director rebooted) - if this is going to happen every time I refresh navigators it will become very irritating

I have not seen this and have done a few NAV refreshes but I don't use heaps of experience buttons

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

I have not seen this and have done a few NAV refreshes but I don't use heaps of experience buttons

I’m “looking forward” to going to my beach house in a couple of weeks time to see if I have the same issue as both setups are similar in complexity and hardware, so this is always a good test for me to see if it is an OS issue or something else.

I’m still having issues with the announcement delay but that’s not new to 3.2. I had a strange bug when upgrading history only showed up in composer.  Had to have my dealer restore an old project and then reupgrade but 2nd time it was fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.