C4 Forums | Control4

Chime Video Doorbell setup and use

jfh

Question for the group. I installed my Chime and Ari did all programing so I get a chime sound through certain speakers when the button is pressed. I would like to have my T3 touchscreens ring as well, and show video feed etc. but can't seem to get it to initiate a call. Any thing I missing? 

On 5/16/2021 at 3:28 PM, tmj4 said:

Seeing the same behavior when I've tested it. Feel like this shouldn't bee that difficult to figure out for C4 but what do I know 🤷‍♂️

Rebooted the Chime via the web based maintenance page. Seems to have fixed my issue so far. Knock on wood. 

I’m finding that I’m not getting a call consistently  though the intercom app when someone presses the button. When I test at home, my phone rings but not when out.
i also find there’s a lag of about 5-10 seconds from when the button is pushed and my bell rings in the house (I’m not using the speakers at the moment). Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted. 

55 minutes ago, Tokead said:

I’m finding that I’m not getting a call consistently  though the intercom app when someone presses the button. When I test at home, my phone rings but not when out.
i also find there’s a lag of about 5-10 seconds from when the button is pushed and my bell rings in the house (I’m not using the speakers at the moment). Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted. 

Same issues here. Also on reboot of the Chime it looses the event settings. Hopefully a fw update sorts some of this out.

Reboot for me only fixed it for a short time. Still getting the spinning circle most of the time. Again, what’s weird is if I call the Chime using the Intercom Anywhere app (which always shows the camera right away), then trying the camera view again in the C4 app will then work for a short while. 

On 11/15/2020 at 11:47 AM, jfh said:

No progress with the Chime. I wasn’t going to try mounting it outside until I get get a C4 accessory kit.  

(Deleted comments on camera issues unrelated to Chime)

Hi 

I am Henry. I am interested in the Chime. where can I order one set?

please advise. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, I have a customer who has the Wi-Fi chime video doorbell. He said earlier this week right after someone rang the doorbell, his chime on the wall in his house started buzzing continuously and wouldn't stop buzzing until he removed one of the wires from the chime video doorbell module. And if he tries to put the wire he removed from the module back under the screw terminal in the chime, the buzzing starts again.

It sounds to me like the chime video doorbell module has burned out or failed. Was just wondering if anyone has ran into this issue before. Or if anyone has any other ideas of what might be causing this issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.