C4 Forums | Control4

Soundbars - any advice?

eggzlot

Need something basic and cheap for a home office.  Hoping its something C4 could maybe control over Wifi if thats possible given the shortage of ethernet ports in this specific area.  Worst case I guess I can put an IRUSB on the TV and use the IR Blaster on the Soundbar.  I have audio endpoints in the room from my matrix (rca over ethernet) so I'd ideally want some rca inputs so I can listen to music off my matrix in the office and yeah I'd probably hook up the TV to it too.  I am just short on desk space, hence looking at a sound bar.  Easier than me trying to wire in ceiling speakers on my 2nd floor and running it down to a basement 2 floors below.

Probably going with a 42-50'' TV so something that will measure up somewhat nicely.

3 hours ago, eggzlot said:

Need something basic and cheap for a home office.  Hoping its something C4 could maybe control over Wifi if thats possible given the shortage of ethernet ports in this specific area.  Worst case I guess I can put an IRUSB on the TV and use the IR Blaster on the Soundbar.  I have audio endpoints in the room from my matrix (rca over ethernet) so I'd ideally want some rca inputs so I can listen to music off my matrix in the office and yeah I'd probably hook up the TV to it too.  I am just short on desk space, hence looking at a sound bar.  Easier than me trying to wire in ceiling speakers on my 2nd floor and running it down to a basement 2 floors below.

Probably going with a 42-50'' TV so something that will measure up somewhat nicely.

You may want to see you can get one of the discontinued Paradigm soundplay or Martin Logan soundbars.    They have C4 drivers and wifi.   Not a cheap option originally but you can find some deals on them.   I have both of above in different room setups.   

30 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

You may want to see you can get one of the discontinued Paradigm soundplay or Martin Logan soundbars.    They have C4 drivers and wifi.   Not a cheap option originally but you can find some deals on them.   I have both of above in different room setups.   

Thanks

Paradigm seems to be onsale for 500 new but even that is overkill.  This is a corner of a home office.  Mostly background music

Sony has the 350 model which is 2.1 with the wireless sub. Wonder if that works with SDDP as I know a lot of Sony stuff works well in C4

samsung has a model at Best Buy too that is half price that seems like it ticks the check marks 

21 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

Thanks

Paradigm seems to be onsale for 500 new but even that is overkill.  This is a corner of a home office.  Mostly background music

Sony has the 350 model which is 2.1 with the wireless sub. Wonder if that works with SDDP as I know a lot of Sony stuff works well in C4

samsung has a model at Best Buy too that is half price that seems like it ticks the check marks 

This is the ML I have.   You can find some good deals on them...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Martinlogan-Verse-Soundbar/333784550300?hash=item4db71c0b9c:g:q~IAAOSwKIBfqsWH

20 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

Thanks

The Samsung has IP control?

4 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

No wireless but thanks.  I got 1 Ethernet to dedicate to it and that is bringing up audio from my matrix. That is a good price

can you add a cheap switch to expand your ethernet?   ALso,  I thought it did have wireless?   I use ethernet but thought the specs show wireless plus ethernet capability.    

15 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

can you add a cheap switch to expand your ethernet?   ALso,  I thought it did have wireless?   I use ethernet but thought the specs show wireless plus ethernet capability.    

Yeah I could add a cheap switch but hiding it and subsequent wires wouldn’t be super easy.  

I know I’m a pain. I mean if it was my only option I’d find a way to make it work 

I’m putting the tv on an easel.  So very open on the bottom

2 minutes ago, penn65000 said:

Sonos Arc rocks and plays well w C4. 

I’m just not in other sonos stuff.  I use c4 Amps and a video storm matrix.  

so I wouldn’t be using any sonos features.  

if it’s IP controlled by Wi-Fi and has 2 inputs I could consider it 

Arc isn't exactly cheap either. At that price, I'd say go with a BlueSound Pulse. Heck at that point you almost may want to considergetingt a Triad One and passive speakers.....

Active soundbar that plays well with C4 over wifi IP control on the cheaper side...I wouldn't know what to suggest.

If you want cheaper, you may want to look at putting a Z2IO in plus a cheaper IR controlled soundbar.

8 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Arc isn't exactly cheap either. At that price, I'd say go with a BlueSound Pulse. Heck at that point you almost may want to considergetingt a Triad One and passive speakers.....

Active soundbar that plays well with C4 over wifi IP control on the cheaper side...I wouldn't know what to suggest.

If you want cheaper, you may want to look at putting a Z2IO in plus a cheaper IR controlled soundbar.

Thanks

i wasn’t sure if the Sony’s played nice via wifi

I could always put an irusb into the tv (will be an android tv for netplay) and use the ir to control the soundbar too

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

Oh, I see, so I get downvoted because I suggested a product that works for the requirements that the OP is looking for?

Only forcing more people that help to no longer want to help.

yeah odd @c44medownvoted a solution, maybe they meant to upvote?  Either way appreciate the help as always!

10 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

I don’t have an answer.  But the music cast 400 series ($499) does have an IP driver based on the public c4 driver database.  

Yeah I saw that. Looks like a good alternative for the Sonos line of sound bars but like you I am looking for some more budget friendly for my office. 

Sonos Arc comes in at 999 so I'd say 499 is already a lot more budget friendly 😄

Problem is, cheaper soundbars will get you what you pay for. That's not a bad thing as such, but if IP control is a big must, asking for less than 500 is likely out of reach - unless you can pick something up on a black friday deal....

21 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Sonos Arc comes in at 999 so I'd say 499 is already a lot more budget friendly 😄

Problem is, cheaper soundbars will get you what you pay for. That's not a bad thing as such, but if IP control is a big must, asking for less than 500 is likely out of reach - unless you can pick something up on a black friday deal....

Yeah you are probably right. That Sonos Arc price is outrageous. Sonos has always been overpriced for what it is but this is another level. You could get something like a triad one and a nice passive sound bar for the price  

The more I look at it that Yamaha is not a bad price. Anyone have any details on how well it integrates into Control4? Can you browse the music services?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have a Bose Soundbar 500 and I'm thinking to buy a projector to connect with it. I am totally new to all this stuff so I need someone to help me regarding deciding a best projector which can be easily connected with the Bose soundbar.

I have found this list of best projectors very helpful: https://projectorfinder.com/best-projector-under-1000/

Also, something within a budget of $1000 would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.