C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 is not connecting to network.

I am using composer pro and trying to connect to control4. I am new to control4 so don't know much about it. The problem I am facing is that control4 is not connecting to my internet router using LAN. I plugged Control4 directly to my router with network cable and previously it was visible in my connected network devices in router settings. But now it isn't assigned any IP from router and that why now it is not visible in Connect to project. I reset the control4 several time and changed the router but result is same. Kindly help me with this issue. Thanks  

image.png

Bloody hell, is pirating software still a thing? 

This is kind of annoying for the dealers who have worked hard for and paid for a dealership for someone to go and do this. 

probably going to start an argument, why not 😂

i know there’s people out there dying to get their hands on pro and have a lot to say too, for those people just put your c4 in the bin ( OR HERES A CLEVER IDEA, DON’T BUY IT IN THE FIRST PLACE) and get something you can tinker with, what more can I say? 

Back to the point of this, yes Abdul I agree with the others if you were trained you’d know how to do this. Clearly you don’t so I’d either stop what you’re doing rather than risking breaking something or go out and get proper training.

Muj 

Can't be too presumptuous here, perhaps Adbul is a completely fresh dealer with little to no experience and has now come across his first failed controller and just checking if there is anything else to try.

Abdul, if that's the case I would get in touch with Control4 or the distributor for your region and speak to tech support.

4 hours ago, Crustyloafer said:

Can't be too presumptuous here, perhaps Adbul is a completely fresh dealer with little to no experience and has now come across his first failed controller and just checking if there is anything else to try.

Abdul, if that's the case I would get in touch with Control4 or the distributor for your region and speak to tech support.

He posted the same thing at avsforum so assuming not a dealer 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Control 4 system installed late 2010. HC200 and HC300 and Control 4 multi-channel with Binary ADVMatrix, Yamaha pulling from 2 Apple TV’s and a Roku stick with output of TV and audio to about 8 rooms. 

The HC300 has flashing red wifi with power button blue. All of my IRS are blinking red as well. The Ethernet cable light is on. 

First question, based on various other posts in this forum it seems that replacing the power supply may be a fix. I am trying to purchase a used HC300 off ebay to pull out that power supply unit since Allied is out of stock. Is this a viable option?

A short term remedy I am using is that I plugged my RGB wires for my main Tv room directly into the Apple TV and I was lucky enough to have the audio for that room on Apple TV so the audio and video are synched. 

Note.. none of my remotes are working. Either stuck on the room name with functioning clock or “waiting  for network”. I note this bc I want to try and direct wire a second room with TV to my Roku stick. I’ve done this and the video comes thru but I have no idea how to turn the audio on for this room. Any suggestions?

I should also note that my system is so old that my Apple Control4 app can not be used bc I cannot connect to the system. 

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed. 

Thank you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.