C4 Forums | Control4

Those w T3 Touchscreens do you leave the standby time & date display on

antneed

I’m a new C4 user and have a 10in T3 touchscreen that displays the time & date during standby mode.
1.  Can it be turned to off during the evening hours at a certain time?

2. I am worried about the life of the display with the  Screen essentially always on .

3. do most leave their T3 Blank during standby or have the time/date displayed?

4. what’s the average life of these T3s?

thank you.

1 That can be programmed, yes - though not from the screen itself.

2 It's designed that way, even if you turn the screensaver to 'blank', the device and (touch!) screen are on regardless. There is no 'standby mode' as such.

3 Time, date, temp is the default we set up. Personally use photos, some people like the media display. I do suggest setting the text to 'move' (option under the screensaver) to prevent ghosting. Note that there is no true screen burn-in - ghosting does dissapear after a little bit.

4 Day 1 and counting...not sure how many years it's been. Trying, but can't remember any T3's dying on me (that wasn't due to an external reason like dropping portables...or a hockey puck buried in one), though there was a batch that had a failure on the touch portion of the screen (we've only had 1 or 2 out of more than I can count).

6 minutes ago, antneed said:

Does dealer have to program this or can end user customize the T3 touch screens?

Some customizations you can do on the hardware itself

other customizations can be done with composer home edition- did you buy that software from your dealer?

31 minutes ago, antneed said:

No I have not purchased composer HE.

I was debating on getting it

Do most use it frequently and what all can you do with it?

its $150 but comes with 1 year of 4sight which is $99 so really its like $50

you can do 95% of the programming your dealer can do - you just cannot add hardware, create rooms, bind hardware to endpoints, etc.  

do most use it?  most on this board, probably yes.  Out of all C4 installs in the world no idea what % have it - my guess is its on the lower end because they likely dont know about it or are not inclined to learn how to use it (Which is not all that hard - it is drag and drop programming)

Yes for sure and if it’s a one time fee it does seem like a no brainer.

However, does it walk you through on how to use it? 
Is there a large learning curve? 

do you have purchase it from your dealer ? Or can you get it through Control4 directly?

5 minutes ago, antneed said:

Yes for sure and if it’s a one time fee it does seem like a no brainer.

However, does it walk you through on how to use it? 
Is there a large learning curve? 

do you have purchase it from your dealer ? Or can you get it through Control4 directly?

purchase through your dealer (or any remote dealer on this forum)

here is a user guide for 3.1.3 which is slightly behind but really no difference from 3.2.x to a total first timer with Composer HE

https://www.control4.com/docs/product/composer-he/user-guide/latest/composer-he-user-guide-rev-u.pdf

You can also ask questions here - tons of people share snippets of their coding, ask for feedback/help and the forum will chip in to assist.  so you need Composer HE to at least get started but people here can walk you through it

lastly - 1 person on here started an online paid education course for Composer HE - @Matt Lowe and this service: https://www.patreon.com/waltstv

1 hour ago, antneed said:

Can I use/install Composer HE on a desktop in another room?

or does it have to on a laptop hardwired to Controller or router ?

yes just on the network as mentioned.  that said it is PC only, so does not work native on Mac (can do Parallels or whatever to get Windows on a Mac but that is another conversation)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.