C4 Forums | Control4

iAqualink by Jandy Pool Control

antneed

I have the Jandy iAqualink pool control, and their app is very clunky and has limited functionality. I would like to incorporate it into C4, does anyone have any experience with the iaqualink in C4? Are you able to control everything in C4 with it?  Any pics of it in C4?

thanks!

10 hours ago, antneed said:

I have the Jandy iAqualink pool control, and their app is very clunky and has limited functionality. I would like to incorporate it into C4, does anyone have any experience with the iaqualink in C4? Are you able to control everything in C4 with it?  Any pics of it in C4?

thanks!

If you tweak variable speed pumps and other deeper settings the C4 driver won’t do it for you. C4 driver is quite basic — just lights and jets and temp. A shame. 

57 minutes ago, zaphod said:

Do any of these drivers also allow you to control stuff like SWCG output level, and/or have sensors for pH and other water chemistry? I know that FC is hard to measure with electronic sensors, but pH would be nice.

None that I know of... it would be cool though.  And while FC is hard to measure, ORP is not difficult (so that would be another nice addition)!

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't look like the Hayward driver has SWCG levels or pH and chem levels.  We don't have these installed in our pool right now but looking at the variables in the driver I don't see anything that looks like it.  We may add a SWCG this summer and will update if anything changes in terms of available variables once we have a SWCG.  The OmniLogic app certainly includes those things but may not be visible to C4.  Even without though, Hayward OmniHub is a good value ($750) for the ability to get notifications of problems and nice integration with C4 in terms of water temp, air temp, pump state, auxiliary devices (like lights, autofill, water features etc), heater settings, alarm events, etc.  One nice programming example: the welcome home macro turns on the pool light when we arrive home if it is dark and if the pump is running (ie not in the middle of winter).  Other examples include party scene combining pool lighting, heater, with outdoor pool speakers; also announcements and notifications through C4 of pool system alarms (ie the pump has faulted).  So I think pool automation inclusion in C4 is very useful - any time you can get more things/data into the control system the more fun can be had with programming.....how's that for rationalization?  😀

• 4 months later...

Have now installed a SWCG and can confirm that adding that does not, as expected, “unlock” anything new in the driver. Still a great integration for the reasons stated earlier but wanted to follow up if helpful for anyone.

16 hours ago, Dueport said:

Have now installed a SWCG and can confirm that adding that does not, as expected, “unlock” anything new in the driver. Still a great integration for the reasons stated earlier but wanted to follow up if helpful for anyone.

If you don’t mind what is “SWCG” ? 

2 hours ago, dinom said:

Salt Water Chlorine Generator 

It is often abbreviated as SWG which is stupid since you aren't generating Salt Water.

And these devices are awesome as it makes your pool pretty much maintenance free and there is less of a chemical smell than when you dump in bleach or use solid chlorine pucks.  Plus no risk of spoiling your clothes due to a splashback.  I also got a drape over SWCG for my jacuzzi spa.

8 hours ago, zaphod said:

It is often abbreviated as SWG which is stupid since you aren't generating Salt Water.

And these devices are awesome as it makes your pool pretty much maintenance free and there is less of a chemical smell than when you dump in bleach or use solid chlorine pucks.  Plus no risk of spoiling your clothes due to a splashback.  I also got a drape over SWCG for my jacuzzi spa.

You’re not kidding - they are fantastic!  Keeps a stable level of chlorine so more effective and no cloudy water or start of algae growth because you forget to check soon enough if the tabs need to be replaced. Takes away essentially all the hassle of chemicals - plus this year and next don’t have to deal with the chlorine shortage - works incredibly well!

On 2/9/2021 at 10:26 PM, Dueport said:

FWIW, the Hayward OmniLogic has worked very well for us and integrates nicely into C4. Tons of variables to program off of too. 

To clarify the Hayward OmniLogic driver is different than the official Jandy iAquaLink driver?

is that correct?

thanks 

I bought a PHin for my pool a couple years ago and must say that it works well. Although it doesn’t automate your chemicals making your pool maintenance free, it does monitor your PH level, sanitizer, notifies you when your PH is too high/too low, how much of whatever chemicals you use need to be added, when it’s time to add chlorine to maintain the right levels or if your chlorine levels get too low below it’s time to add more chlorine, when the pool needs to be shocked, etc. The only thing it doesn’t detect automatically is total alkalinity, cyanuric acid, and hardness, but it comes with a chart and some test strips so once a month you dip the strip into the water, place it on the chart, then take a picture of it. If levels are out of range, it’ll notify you. 

When initially setting it up, it has a sensor that floats in the water, a bridge it connects to, which plugs in somewhere close by and has access to your WiFi, and for the chemicals, you can either scan the barcodes of the chemicals you’re currently using and input how many gallons your pool is, so it can accurately tell you how much of each chemical to add, or you can sign up with a subscription service they have, which sends you different chemicals in pouches and you add however many pouches it tells you to add. Lastly, it can be connected to local pool dealers in your area so if something needs to be done, cleaning, plumbing repair, filter, leaks, heater problems, etc, you can submit a maintenance request through the app. I wish all my chemicals were maintained automatically, but this is good enough.😁

8 hours ago, rolldog said:

I bought a PHin for my pool a couple years ago and must say that it works well. Although it doesn’t automate your chemicals making your pool maintenance free, it does monitor your PH level, sanitizer, notifies you when your PH is too high/too low, how much of whatever chemicals you use need to be added, when it’s time to add chlorine to maintain the right levels or if your chlorine levels get too low below it’s time to add more chlorine, when the pool needs to be shocked, etc. The only thing it doesn’t detect automatically is total alkalinity, cyanuric acid, and hardness, but it comes with a chart and some test strips so once a month you dip the strip into the water, place it on the chart, then take a picture of it. If levels are out of range, it’ll notify you. 

When initially setting it up, it has a sensor that floats in the water, a bridge it connects to, which plugs in somewhere close by and has access to your WiFi, and for the chemicals, you can either scan the barcodes of the chemicals you’re currently using and input how many gallons your pool is, so it can accurately tell you how much of each chemical to add, or you can sign up with a subscription service they have, which sends you different chemicals in pouches and you add however many pouches it tells you to add. Lastly, it can be connected to local pool dealers in your area so if something needs to be done, cleaning, plumbing repair, filter, leaks, heater problems, etc, you can submit a maintenance request through the app. I wish all my chemicals were maintained automatically, but this is good enough.😁

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.