C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 and Google home

So is anyone else having trouble with Google home and c4? I have had Google home working for the last year and now everytime I try to use voice control with Google, Google says that control4 is unavailable.  So then i tried with alexa and it works fine.  So I disconnected the connection with Google and c4 in composer and in Google home and re did the connection and same thing.  No go. My insight is up to date, Alexa works fine it's just Google. Anyone else? And does anyone have any suggestions? 

Well dam that's not good for me lol. I have tried everything and I mean everything but I must be missing something. Only thing is it just stopped working over night. 1 day it's working fine and then all of the sudden it doesn't, and nothing changed. 

The only thing I can think of is maybe it stopped after I updated c4 , just not sure now 

3 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Could it be that the Android/Google C4 app situation (disappearing) causing this?

Existing installs work, new ones don not

I don't think so the app and the App Store and the service for Google Assistant are two very different things

Mine worked perfectly for a while other than some  times it would say couldn’t reach C4 but it would still work.

Now when I’m on wifi it still works fine, albeit a little slow sometimes, but if I’m outside wifi on mobile network I am getting the same as you, je C4 not available.

it’s a bit annoying because I had just put some commands on my android auto Home Screen that worked for a few months and now they don’t.

might be a firewall / router setting that somehow changed but no idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.