C4 Forums | Control4

zwave outlet

daveva

C4-V-ODIM120-WH & C4-V-OSW120

https://www.control4.com/solutions/products/outlets

The Control4 Plug-In Outlet Dimmer and Switch easily plug into outlets to offer complete control of your plug-in lights. Control4 Smart Lighting control solutions are suitable for all homes and let you add rooms and functions when it makes sense for you.

Also a wired outlet. Only the bottom one is zigbee controled also they act as repeaters.

Is always an option but backordered.

22 hours ago, wnpublic said:

the question was about zwave.  the list of supported zwave devices is short.  I'm pretty sure it does not include devices that compete directly with the more expensive c4 outlets.

We have about half a dozen GE 45605 Z-Wave in-wall outlets, and they have been integrated into our C4 system for years, with zero issues.  

That's why I asked the question which Zwave in-wall outlets to use. I also have several in my system. I bought another outlet to have it integrated into my system and my installer says there is no driver. When he tried to connect it to my system that's what it told him. Is there a way to contact control4 and asked if they eliminated the driver.

33 minutes ago, daveva said:

That's why I asked the question which Zwave in-wall outlets to use. I also have several in my system. I bought another outlet to have it integrated into my system and my installer says there is no driver. When he tried to connect it to my system that's what it told him. Is there a way to contact control4 and asked if they eliminated the driver.

Pretty sure this is the driver I'm using -- to be specific, it's the ZW1001 driver on that page.  Looks like your dealer can just download the driver file from the web page.  

• 2 months later...

I recently added a small Control4 system for control of my home theater. However, I have decided to merge my lighting and outlets (which have been controlled by Wink) with C4. For light switches and dimmers, I am using only Lutron Caseta and have their pro hub on order, as I also have 16+ Caseta dimmers installed in my house. For outlets, I have some of the GE ZW1001 and ZW1002s that do have drivers as discussed above in this thread, but I am running into problems with two other things. 

First, I have several Leviton DZR15 outlets, which are z-wave, but the only driver I can find in C4 is for the VRR15 duplex receptacle. Is it likely that the driver will work for the DZR15? They seem very similar except the VRR15 also has Vizia RF in addition to z-wave, but the C4 driver for the VRR15 is z-wave. 

Second, for outdoor outlets, I have been using GE outdoor z-wave plug-ins, but those don't seem to be supported by C4. Lutron Caseta has a new outdoor plug (https://www.casetawireless.com/products/smart-plugs) but I don't see a C4 driver for it. Does anyone know if a C4 driver is in the works (since it seems Caseta is well-supported by C4) or are there alternative outdoor plugs I should consider? 

Thanks for any help! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.